PDA

View Full Version : rear fork tube warped like computer stress simulation.

arovaris
04-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Fork Tube warped exactly in red point in this simulation. Solders is broking too. This post is for discuss a solution . I'm using same tubes from plans. My weight is only 80kg. I'm using Tomahawk in Brazilian roads that has many holes kkk. a solution that I suppose, is to made this tube more thick. Its not affect clean tomahawk design (maybe a solution?). Another solution is put two diagonal tubes from seat boom to rear fork, but affect design.

http://www.image-share.com/upload/3217/118.jpg (http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3217-118.html)

Ticktock
04-17-2016, 01:21 AM
Hi,
Simply adding gussets at the bends should be enough. This is not a problem I have heard of on this forum before. (some one else may know better)
What thickness tube are you using, and (hate to ask) are the welds OK? The computer is correct--if its going to break, those are the two places you would expect it break first.
Steve G.

Radical Brad
04-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Looking at the photos I was sent, I can only guess that the tubing is too thin.

Brad

arovaris
04-17-2016, 02:14 PM

Brad

Strange because same tube. Maybe solder man has put bad tubes. Maybe bad solder.

What thickness in mm in tubes plan?
I made with 1.59mm (1/16) 1020 league.

I will replace.

arovaris
04-23-2016, 06:31 PM

Brad

About my Tomahawk I put a 1.95mm thickness tube in it. Solved. According solder man, Brazilian steel tubes quality is bad.

LongRider
04-23-2016, 09:12 PM
Arovaris
When you write the word "solder" do you mean the filler you used when you welded the parts? When I hear the word solder I see soldering and that would not be strong enough to keep the pieces together...

arovaris
04-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Arovaris
When you write the word "solder" do you mean the filler you used when you welded the parts? When I hear the word solder I see soldering and that would not be strong enough to keep the pieces together...

Sorry. A man that made (weld) for me. I don't know to work with weld.