PDA

View Full Version : Brake levers for 1"/26mm bars?

zx150
02-26-2018, 02:15 AM
Can anybody point me towards brake levers for 26mm/1" handlebars that won't break the bank?

Thanks!

darnthedog
02-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Not sure where your located. However your least expensive will be to salvage old bikes. Goodwill, Saint Vincent DePaul, There are some bike shops that have grave yards of old bike located in the back of their shop. If you form a relationship with the repair crew they may let you dig through it. If you want new I have used Nigara Cycle works for parts without any issues. http://www.niagaracycle.com. Others have used Amazon, Ebay. If you were in UK you could go dig in the metals recycle center like Twinkle does. Then there is Freecycle.org which you can sign up and ask for old bikes. And another option is Craigslist free usually has bikes posted on occasion that have good parts.
Hope that helps you with your desires. Brad throws these plans together with salvaged parts so sometimes we have to be creative to get them.

zx150
02-26-2018, 03:15 PM
Not sure where your located. However your least expensive will be to salvage old bikes. Goodwill, Saint Vincent DePaul, There are some bike shops that have grave yards of old bike located in the back of their shop. If you form a relationship with the repair crew they may let you dig through it. If you want new I have used Nigara Cycle works for parts without any issues. http://www.niagaracycle.com. Others have used Amazon, Ebay. If you were in UK you could go dig in the metals recycle center like Twinkle does. Then there is Freecycle.org which you can sign up and ask for old bikes. And another option is Craigslist free usually has bikes posted on occasion that have good parts.
Hope that helps you with your desires. Brad throws these plans together with salvaged parts so sometimes we have to be creative to get them.

I'm looking for new. I use Niagara Cycle but every one I see is a "cross lever" which can't be used as the only lever, correct?

If you could point me towards a part # I'd forever be grateful.

darnthedog
02-26-2018, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure what type your looking for. They have BMX flat bar levers, reverse levers, drop bar levers, as well as cross bar levers.
If your not sure yourself you may want to take a visit to your local bike shop. Not necessarily to buy, but to review what they have and choose what you like.

And niagara cycle is pretty good about returns if its unopened and you don't like it.

zx150
02-26-2018, 05:05 PM
Basically looking for something inexpensive and durable...not exactly sure what. I do have a few local bike shops that I can check out.