PDA

View Full Version : I need tips for an English trip

Mats
03-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Hello again
Now it's time for more questions but this time it's not direct about bikes.
My wife and I are planning to visit the great Dorset steam fair in August this year and I suspect I will find some things :cheesy: on the market, but they might bee too heavy to take on the flight home :dunce2:.

What shipping companies do you suggest I look at to send my bargains?
Does anyone know if any recumbent bikes are to be seen at the steam fair ?

// Mats (still waiting for my new weldingmaschine)

Twinkle
03-07-2018, 03:22 PM
bring the car over and take the goodies back

just a thought

pegasus
03-08-2018, 04:31 AM
Hej Mats

https://www.parcel2go.com is a good comparing web site.
You can test what the cost will be, with no obligation, and choose between lots of couriers. Some couriers let you can leave the parcel with local corner shops.
So check where a suitably drop off point is, close to where you are staying. The only drawback is that you need a printer.
Regarding recumbent bikes on the show, I don't think so, just lots of cast iron.

Mats
03-08-2018, 01:54 PM
@Twinkle
One problem is the old line "Gothenburg - Oslo - Newcastle" ( we have done that trip back in 2000) is closed and I have not found any other route yet. We where thinking of taking the car down to France and then the tunnel to UK but it is almost 16 hours to drive and that does not sound too funny I think.

@Pegasus
That is a good idea, printer is probably not a problem as we are going to live at a "airbnb" ie. in a private home during the steam fair.
Well, I am just hoping to meet and talk to any of the "UK-Recumbent-bikers" as there is not many here in Sweden.