PDA

View Full Version : 4-Speed Schwinn Cruiser

moejosteve
01-01-2009, 09:12 PM
So I have this ladie's Schwinn Cruiser Four and it's taking up space in my shop. I put it on Craigslist http://fayar.craigslist.org/bik/976055820.html but I doubt I will get much action on it in my region. It would be a great beach cruiser, but all we have are chicken farms and WallyWorlds.

I'm building a SF so it's not too much good for me but I need some dough-ray-me for front wheels. Is this Cruiser Four something that you other trike or cargo haulers can leverage? It's becoming a question of the value of the "sum of the parts" vs. the whole bike...

Who can leverage the wheels or whatever. I'm thinking about parting it out...

Pagan Wizard
01-02-2009, 02:56 AM
That's in pretty decent condition.....I am surprised you're having a hard time selling it, even in the area you described.

TheKid
01-02-2009, 10:25 AM
If there's a bike shop within a reasonable distance, they might sell it on consignment for you. Vintage bikes in good shape are becoming more and more popular, and some of the LBS's in my area tell me they look for such things.

moejosteve
01-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check the LBS. It is in really good condition. I doubt there are more than 5 hours on the thing. It took a couple of scratches during a move/storage, but otherwise it's pristine. I believe it is a late model unit vs "vintage", but it does have that vintage cruiser look.

SirJoey
01-03-2009, 09:00 AM
A couple of months ago, this guy I know said I could have several old bikes he had, so I checked 'em out. I was amazed.
One was a nearly pristine, vintage, green Columbia. Totally complete with all it's original equipment!
Fenders, chain guard, 3-speed hub, the works, in absolutely beautiful condition! Even the original tires looked decent!

Well, since I sold my van, I've had no way to haul 'em home right away, & wouldn't you know it?
That sneaky little weasel of a half-brother of mine found out about 'em, went over there, & jumped my claim,
even though he knew they were mine. He decided they were now his, took 'em home, cleaned up the Columbia, & started riding it!

The guy even told him he had already promised 'em to me (I know, cuz I've talked to him since),
but that didn't matter to the weasel. When I confronted him about it, he tried to lie his way out of it,
saying that my friend wanted him to take 'em, cuz he was in a hurry to get 'em out of his way. What a crock!

I told the little weasel that even if that was true, it was wrong of him to take 'em, knowing they were promised to me,
& then just assume that they were now his. I let it slide, but I let him know that he had wronged me. :mad:

Blood may be thicker than water, but in the weasel's case, greed is thicker than blood!

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

moejosteve
01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
that no account weasel!

Family; you can't always pick 'em but you sure can tie 'em up and drag them behind your truck if you need to...:punk:

SirJoey
01-03-2009, 04:56 PM
that no account weasel!
Family; you can't always pick 'em but you sure can tie 'em up and drag them behind your truck if you need to...:punk: Don't tempt me!

Yeah, he's notorious for this kind of behavior. When my Dad died 4 years ago,
it happened in the middle of the night, around 3 am.

Believe it or not, only 4 hours later, here comes the little weasel rolling up in front of his Mom's place,
opens the hatchback on his car, & starts loadin' up! He believed that everything my Dad owned was now his,
& he pretty much got it all, too! Unfreakinbelievable! Even I was astonished at THAT stunt!

A few days later, at the funeral, he was extremely antsy, & anxious for the funeral to end,
so he could rush back over to his Mom's & get another load, which is exactly what he did!
He pretty much cleaned her out, even taking stuff that she didn't really want him to take, but she let him anyway.

He's just one of those people who will cut anyone's throat for material gain. You know the type.
That's one reason I don't have much to do with him.

Counting me & my 2 REAL brothers from Dad's first marriage to OUR Mom, Dad had a total of 6 kids,
but when Dad died, the weasel got it all, due to his greedy, cutthroat tactics. I'm not mad because I didn't "get" anything.
I don't care about that. I'm mad because that little weasel is such a greedy, materialistic little %#@*head! :mad:

Sorry 'bout the rant, but I just needed to vent!

rickairmed
01-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Joey it sounds like your Half Brother needs a tune up :D:D . I am glad its only me and my sister and honestly other than a few sentimental items . I dont really need anything from my dads estate . I have pretty much built a life for myself includng opening my own business a couple years ago which although granted will never make me rich it keeps the bills paid and will leave something behind for my kids to destroy after I am gone LOL.

Rick

TheKid
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Joey it sounds like your Half Brother needs a tune up

I think he needs a beating.

rickairmed
01-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I think he needs a beating.

Sam Ting :D:D:D.

Rick

SirJoey
01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
You're BOTH right! :punk:

Richie Rich
01-04-2009, 12:48 AM
That's why I have a lawyer-drawn iron-clad Will....

----<RR>----

Pagan Wizard
01-04-2009, 01:10 AM
That's why I have a lawyer-drawn iron-clad Will....

----<RR>----

I don't have any kids, or even a wife, for that matter. My brother is in the same set of circumstances. We will most likely leave everything to our cousins kids, just to prevent everything from being absorbed by the state and given to charity.

SirJoey
01-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Anyway, Steve, didn't mean to steer your thread :offtopic:, but when you mentioned that pristine cruiser,
it just reminded me of the nearly pristine Columbia that got snatched out from under me just a couple of weeks ago.

Hope you find a buyer. Good luck! :)

macka
01-04-2009, 09:47 AM
I guess I am lucky then. My brother and I are like best friends. If it ever came to pass one of our parents passed, or both of them, I know my brother and I won't be fighting over anything. We would have a hard time keeping certain other relatives at bay. I think every family has at least one weasel in the woodpile.

moejosteve
01-04-2009, 09:38 PM
My folks replaced a privacy fence in their backyard and only did 3 sides... When I asked about it mother gave me some song and dance about it costing another $1500 (big yard). I of course said "and....?" She replied with "well, it's your inheritance..." I told her we didn't need the damn money and suggested that they spend it all on themselves.

Money and stuff; the fuel for a good fight in any family... Like I said, you can't pick 'em but you sure can karate-chop 'em in the trachea if they step out of line...:punk:

Update: I forgot to add that I sold the Cruiser today... Bye-bye Schwinn chick bike, hello SF wheels!!!

SirJoey
01-05-2009, 06:31 AM
I forgot to add that I sold the Cruiser today... Bye-bye Schwinn chick bike, hello SF wheels!!! Kool! Good for you, dude! :)
How much didja get, if ya' don't mind?

moejosteve
01-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I got my asking $80, which was a good deal considering I got it for free! It was a good deal for the buyer also; the bike was primo condition and probably retailed for over 250 a few years ago. She was happy, I'm happy, we're ALL happy.

I ordered my front wheels and some other misc last night. My SF build is going to take a while since I have a new son... Actually I'm still working on getting my shop in order but that isn't stopping me from acquiring parts and materials.

Rickairmed's tad build for his grandmonster has been inspiring... I have a 3 year old daughter :wings: that is a adrenalin junkie. I'm heading to the thrift store this afternoon to scoop up a few 16-inchers they have for $5 and set them aside for her build. She loves to do fun and fast stuff with her Baba (that's me!).:punk: