PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal??

splodge
04-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Oh brother, no one warned me that this might happen!! Is it normal? I find myself driving around housing estates, going to the local tip, even asking in bike shops!!

Hello......uh..my name is Jon Hodge...... and I think I'm addicted to...uh...collecting bits of rubbish ready to build my tadpole!

Phew, thank goodnesss thats over!!

greenevegiebeast
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
hello jon, welcome to junk acoholics grand central, and we love it.

jimFPU
04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Ah, the allure of diamonds in the rough...

Radical Brad
04-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Next comes the buckets...

It will be an obsession!!
200+ 10 gallon buckets full of bike parts, wahoo!
All I need is more.

Brad

TheKid
04-15-2009, 11:25 PM
You're as normal as all of us here in the forums. It's the rest of the world that's nuts.

Richie Rich
04-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Is it normal? I find myself driving around housing estates, going to the local tip, even asking in bike shops!!Yes, it's quite normal for we Zombies. This is the best time of year for great 'finds' - 'Spring Cleaning'..!

I've been adding to my donor pile for the past 2 weeks with bikes that are almost too good to chop up for parts.

Here's an example of a nice 26-inch full-suspension 21-speed MTB I found today.....
Note the front disk brake and the speed indicator in the grip shifter. The tires are practically new.

It used to be rare for me to find bikes with disc brakes in the trash, but this is the second one in a week I found.

Keep your eyes peeled on trash day....there's a lot of GOLD out there waiting to be mined...!!!

...Richie Rich....
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3300/3446729372_289c71587d.jpg

greenevegiebeast
04-16-2009, 10:54 AM
just beware, if like me yn public vue. our work/storage area is in public vuew You may get visited by the NICE men/wemen in blue. As I have asking what you are doing with those bikes, where did they come from,are they stolen??? One actulay aked if I had bills of sale or a recept for my donors.

Moral of the story, Never hire a ***** to be a police Officer. also that is what hapens when the bike theft rate in a college town goes up.

Patrike
04-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Rich - great "find", what coffee shops are you lurking outside of -- what a steal in the that pic -- sorry, I meant find!
[QUOTE=Richie Rich;22684]Yes, it's quite normal for we Zombies. This is the best time of year for great 'finds' - 'Spring Cleaning'..!

I've been adding to my donor pile for the past 2 weeks with bikes that are almost too good to chop up for parts.

Here's an example of a nice 26-inch full-suspension 21-speed MTB I found today.....
Note the front disk brake and the speed indicator in the grip shifter. The tires are practically new.

It used to be rare for me to find bikes with disc brakes in the trash, but this is the second one in a week I found.

Keep your eyes peeled on trash day....there's a lot of GOLD out there waiting to be mined...!!!

...Richie Rich....

TheKid
04-16-2009, 05:43 PM
RR's been hangin out with Joey

KoolKat
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Spring = yard sales. So much to choose from!

macka
04-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I've been keeping my eyes open for the date of the police auction, both the local and in edmonton.

Richie Rich
04-18-2009, 01:02 AM
RR's been hangin out with JoeyNah.....Just trying out the new bolt cutters I got for Christmas.....!! :*****:

...RR...

(Just kidding...) :jester:

TheKid
04-18-2009, 04:30 AM
They seem to work well.

GregLWB
04-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Nah.....Just trying out the new bolt cutters I got for Christmas.....!! :*****:

...RR...

(Just kidding...) :jester:

I call them my big set of keys!:jester: I often have to cut handcuffs off of law enforcement students. It seems that handcuffs only go bad when they have been installed on someone.:confused:

Greg

Richie Rich
04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I call them my big set of keys! GregI like that one, Greg. :cheesy:

greenevegiebeast
04-19-2009, 01:09 AM
and yet, people only go bad right before the hand cuffs go on:jester:

TheKid
04-19-2009, 10:15 AM
and yet, people only go bad right before the hand cuffs go on

:jester: Good one!

alecw35
04-24-2009, 07:01 AM
I got over 30 complete bikes in my back yard. I just had them lying about till december. But the kids came into my yard and stole a few bikes. They stomped on one and left it at my front door. Wrecked both wheels
I eventually got them back. My neighbour helped me, by driving after the kids when the biked along my road.
He called the police. I was wary of doing that. As they might ask questions I dont want to answer
most of my bikes are from bike shops. Or have been given to me by adults clearing out there sheds.
I havent got a bike from the dump for ages as they took the local dump away.
And havent seen bikes left at side of the road much.
I dont steal from others.
hate when people steal from me.

I have since put the bikes in rows with ropes and wire joining them together. With Polythene over them. And some plants in front to disguise them.
put a lot of branches off a chopped down tree in my path beside my house. so if the kids do go up there. they will be slowed by that