PDA

View Full Version : grip shifters

gphil
08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Could not find where I orginally posted this but anyway guess I will go with the thumb shifters over the grip. Just not going to fight that fight of fitting those on. Wish the manufactures would stick to a standard sizeing. Oh well have some really good thumb shifters I can use and being a complete dummy on bikes I and assumeing they will work on a different derailler, just a mechanical pull ???? Thanks for the info and if they are on a upscale bike with 3000.00 wheels then that should say something it would seem . Have a great week building guys . gphil

badcheese
08-17-2009, 01:13 PM
The two basic types of shifters are indexed and friction. Indexed shifters move the derailleur in pre-set increments, so they need to be paired with a compatible derailleur. Friction shifters are infinitely variable, so they work with pretty much any derailleur.

Richie Rich
08-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Could not find where I orginally posted this....The easiest way to find your posts is to click on your name. A menu will drop down and then you click on "Find all posts by gphil".

Glad to help....

.....Richie Rich....