PDA

View Full Version : New or updated AZ Books?

PappaBear
08-27-2009, 11:48 PM
With the advent of the Warrior Trike, is it possible there will be another AZ book that would include it sometime in the future? I think a book collection of bents -- or even mostly trikes -- would have a lot of interest. Or is it possible that some of the existing books may have a second edition including some of the modifications such as USS or "Marauder 2"?

Thanks for all you are doing.

Radical Brad
08-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks dude!

I can assure you that we will never do another book. That venture cost us a LOT of time and expense. Trying to recover now!

Brad

John Lewis
08-30-2009, 07:58 AM
I agree with Brad. Books are costly to produce and it's difficult to recoup expenses. More so when you have images as well as text. The E Book is really the way ahead. Fairly easy to produce and distribute. The PDF format used by Brad is great. You can print it out in full colour, have it bound, I use comb binding myself, and you have a nice book ready for the library shelf.

I just bought the Warrior plans . Great work there Brad and Kat.

John Lewis

KoolKat
08-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks, John and PappaBear. We like using large, color pictures. It's too expensive to publish a book that way, and it takes about a year for the book to actually get into your hands.

It's an insane amount of work and a poor return on investment of our time and resources, so we're sticking with our self-publishing for now. This way, we can crank out more projects and get them published much faster than print media.

PappaBear
09-04-2009, 12:19 AM
The thanks is all due to you and AZ, Kat! Having spent a couple of years in a small print shop, I understand about the whole production.

Actually, I wasn't thinking about the format as much as the updates. I picked up 3 more bikes tonight, and hope to eventually build several bents, not just the one. My boy wants one (or so), my wife would like a trike, and sharing my new found enthusiasm for recumbents has several folks looking into them.

I came to the website after finding "Bike, Scooter, And Chopper Projects For The Evil Genius" in our library while searching out information on recumbents. My first test project was an attempt at a simple conversion to a "Kool Kat" for my son, and I had only "Bicycle Builder's Bonanza" to go by. Those two books are FANTASTIC! (btw .. so is the high-tech practical joke one) Since coming to the site, I see that several of the projects detailed in those books have been updated. Really, I would PREFER an electronic PDF of those two books. An electronic format is much more easily updated. As you said, the larger and color pics would certainly be much better. I have rechecked the books from the library so often, that I planned to just purchase a couple of my own from Amazon. But now, instead, I think I am going to invest the money in "The Warrior" plans to begin with, and follow with another as I complete one. But still, many of the basics from those two books will be useful for a long time to come.

Speaking of which, would either of you have a PDF copy (with color pics, maybe?) of those two books I could purchase direct from you?

KoolKat
09-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Speaking of which, would either of you have a PDF copy (with color pics, maybe?) of those two books I could purchase direct from you?

Thanks, PappaBear. McGraw-Hill owns the copyright to the books, so we can't re-produce the books as PDFs.

Cheezy Rider
03-06-2010, 03:19 AM
What bike plans are in those 2 books? I just purchased both of them on Amazon