PDA

View Full Version : Begging your pardon and introduction are in order...

taytayou812
11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry I sent this to the wrong section I think. Nope. I'm just a rookie at this.

I feel I should aplogize to everyone for being just a lurker. I have been hanging around and enjoyed reading all your post for a while now. It was great to see what you all were up to and what was being done. But I was hesitant to chime in till a little while ago. (after a discussion with my wife about not joining in on any of the different issues or projects. She is usually right, by the way.) But I never did step up and say Hi to you all and introduce myself. BAD! BAD! TAYLOR.
So here goes...
Hi everyone! My name is Taylor and I live in Centennial, Colorado. Which is down at the south end of the Denver metro area. The picture is of my pug, Turbo and he's just like his name. I signed up as taytayou812 because thats part of my email address and easy to remember.
I had never posted any thing till just lately, which is long after I had started a couple of the projects in the two A.Z. booksi got.(they are a great read by the way!) The bikes are not finished yet, a problem of mine, but I try to work on them as time and budget allows. But on the other hand she is getting me the 10 plan cd for christmas, once I pick out 10.(thats the hard part, picking just 10.)
So I just wanted to say HI to one and all, and say I will try to be a better part of this group, and if I can, I will try to add any thing of value I can.(honestly though, there are some seriously talented people here.) I enjoy seeing the support, help and interaction I see here! This is one great group of bike builders here!
Sorry for the long post, but I really wanted to just explain my self and say Hi to every one. Thank you all. -Taylor-

Radical Brad
11-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Welcome... and thanks!!

Brad

fultondp
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Glad to hear from another Denver area builder, we are a rare breed at altitude! Feel free to contact me if you need parts or a third hand, I'm in the neighborhood.

Darren

(NW metro, but I work in your area)

taytayou812
11-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks guys! Darren, it would be great to get together sometime. Thanks for the kind offer.

Cheezy Rider
02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi to all,
Name is Steve, and I live in Detroit metro area. I just got the bug to build a bike, and bought the plans for the Warrior Tadpole. I am a little discourage to see the part about the steering linkage, (gonna be hard to make that part), but have picked up my first 2 girls 26" bike, so I am almost ready. Any connections to others in area would be helpful in case I get stuck.

Robert
08-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi Cheez,
My name is Robert and I live in the Auburn Hills, Mi area. I have just started on my first bike. I'm going to do the Tourmaster first, and then hopefully on to a trike. I've never welded before, so that's a challenge.

ken will
08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi Cheez,
I've never welded before, so that's a challenge.

Most of us had never welded before we found this site!

Don't be afraid to ask anything.

velotux
08-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Taylor.

Welcome aboard! I'm glad your now a fully fledged member of the AZ Krew. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your bikes in the gallery.

All the very best.

Tim

dementedDave
08-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Taylor

It is cool that you are learning to weld. Personally, it is one of my favorite skills, and I have collected a fair number...

I am new here myself, but hello and welcome

Dave