PDA

View Full Version : What next

chainmaker
12-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I got this welder http://www.jackstoolshed.com/index/page/product/product_id/2280/product_name/Pro-Grade+Ultra-Portable+100-Amp+Electric+Arc+Welder+-+110V I just tried laying down some beads and wouldnt you know it I only have 15 A available, what aare some solutions ?

ken will
12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
You really really really need to find a 30 amp circuit! And no extension cord!!!

With a 15 amp circuit your output is only about 50 amps which is hard not to keep sticking, especially for a beginner.

US Forge makes a "Easy Strike" 5/64" rod that works at only 45 amps.
(under ideal conditions ;-)

Good luck

chainmaker
12-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Thats the problem I was having rods kept sticking, and after a couple minutes of this the circut popped. I am going to ace to pick up some 5/64 rods when they open. Will I get *** enough penetration on these? web info says they are low penetration. As far as a 30 amp I live in an apartment and all I have acess to is 15 there might be 30 in the boiler room area but it is off limits so far,( I just moved in) .
:confused:Chainmaker

zobman
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM
You should have access to your power panel, just temp a 30 amp breaker in it with some romex and a outlet for your welder.

Thats the problem I was having rods kept sticking, and after a couple minutes of this the circut popped. I am going to ace to pick up some 5/64 rods when they open. Will I get *** enough penetration on these? web info says they are low penetration. As far as a 30 amp I live in an apartment and all I have acess to is 15 there might be 30 in the boiler room area but it is off limits so far,( I just moved in) .
:confused:Chainmaker