PDA

View Full Version : Best lubricant for chains

imamedik
12-31-2009, 12:05 AM
My trike is not yet housebroken, :baby: it has to stay outside in all types of weather. I would like to know what would be the best lubricant for the chain and freewheel to keep them from rusting. :rolleyes4::rolleyes4:

dynodon
12-31-2009, 09:28 AM
I like Triflow but my stuff is inside......

HPVTraveler
12-31-2009, 11:48 AM
Personally I like WD-40. With everything that rusts here in Florida, that not only helps to fight rust but also keeps everything moving.

My toys are not house broke either, as not much room in the 30' camper that I call home.

On a lighter note my SWMBO is a cat. Remember dogs have owners ... cats have servants. LOL!

HPVTraveler

Happy Trails Everyone :sunny:

imamedik
12-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Personally I like WD-40. With everything that rusts here in Florida, that not only helps to fight rust but also keeps everything moving.

HPVTraveler

Happy Trails Everyone :sunny:

I came across this video about WD-40 http://bicycletutor.com/no-wd40-bike-chain/

I think I might have to go to my LBS and get some chain lube :scooter:

noahvale
12-31-2009, 08:08 PM
T9 Boeshield. It's the best I have ever used in 25 years of riding.

pcorbett
01-01-2010, 09:47 AM
WD-40 is a no-no! I use that to quick clean parts when I need to use those parts in a mock up ( note: also use engine degunker spray ).
What I have been using is a product made by Gunk, Liquid Wrench- Cylcle Chain Lube, made for motorcycles and chain like things. If you must you can dis this lube and tell me how superior the chain oil from the LBS is, I'd like to hear about it. I think it's LBS hype to buy their products. My LBS once told me not to use WD-40 and to use Triflow, if I must. As far as I can tell Liquid Wrench- Cylcle Chain Lube works fine on the chain that I have on my bikes. Don't apply this product if your in the garage on your wife's side or she'll tear you a new one from the overspray. I never did this and will never do it again.

Pete