PDA

View Full Version : needing chain

davec8656
03-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I am nearly to the place where I will need to start installing the chain and the brake cables. Where are you guys getting your chain and cables. The chains I have aren't in real good shape and I would rather start with new stuff. Can you buy bulk lengths or do you have to buy several lengths and join them? :thinking: Thanks, DaveC

fultondp
03-12-2010, 01:01 PM
I buy mine at Walmart. $7 per standard DF length. It usually takes 2+ lengths. My LBS starts their chain at $21 per and goes up from there. I found a case of cables on sale on Ebay a couple of years ago, and I still have 3/4 of it left, so I haven't had to buy cables for a while.

Darren

davec8656
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
thanks, Darren, I will check out my local WalMarts. I have several to choose from here in metro KC. Blessings, DaveC.

I'll keep checking ebay as well.:thinking:

davec8656
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
just went to ebay and found universal, cut to fit brake cables with housings, a buck a set and bought two sets. Thanks Darren.

Rexer
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
If someone has or knows some whos has a manufacturing busness, this might be a sideline. You could get a bunch o' chain and sell it on ebay and such. I have no idea on how much you would have to buy, nor do I know the customs, import taxes or bonds you would have to come up with. A person with a bit of time could probably do ok.

http://www.esuppliersindia.com/mittal-international/bicycle-chain-pr459344-sCATALOG-swf.html