soapy
05-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Anyone here in the UK?

I'm in the midlands.

Wobbly John
05-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Soapy

I'm from Cambridgeshire.

Are you going to the Get Cycling Show at Nottingham?

soapy
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi John.

Unlikely, as I'm more into the gadget side than the cycling side of things. However, I did wander into a high-end bike shop today, Epic Cycles, and was blown away by all the carbon fibre and titanium!

xgabrielx
05-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi, guys. I'm from Wales but I'm sure that still counts.

back2life
07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Back in 1997 I lived in London for 9 months. I help a guy and his partner set a row brick house. I only worked 4 hours in the mornings and had the rest off the time off to see the sights. I fell in LOVE with lovely sceneray and all your really kool traditional ways.

I am new to the site and am going to build a LodeRunner Trike, then a StreetFighter Cycle Car, a Kyoto Cruiser Trike, a spin cycle and lastly a combo of the LodeRunner-StreetFighter-Kyoto with a pick-up bofy on it.

What I am basically asking would anyone over their like to email friends. I will never ask for money, a ticket over to, sex of any kind. Just plane old chatting sessions.

My first big goal is to ride the Oregon Coastline (That on the Pacific side) but the next big ride I would love to do is a riding in your beautiful country side the farms, side roads and any where that I could get my combo bike into.

Please give it a thought.
:D

graydog
12-13-2008, 09:01 AM
North east Wales.....

Odd Man Out
12-13-2008, 11:21 AM
North east Wales.....

Graydog
We had a Greydog from the old forum that was a quite accomplished builder. Are you one and the same? If so welcome back and if not just a hearty welcome

graydog
12-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi OMO,

your to kind, yes tis me. sorry not to have stopped by for a while, kinda lost the way with the site change and change in job O and making a new biological biped, full carbon based lifr form ;o) . Still been playing, over the last year we made two steel frame bents and on CF trike ( which was not that good) which is/had been chopped to make a bent.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhpclub/2432778437/in/set-72157604668259982/
(the red white and blue flases, are in respect of the 5 French lads who helped build it)
have to say I like what every one else is doing loads of new stuff going on all the time.
I saw one of AZ`s plan books in a local electronics store the other day, so made me smile.

well must stop by and chat more
respects
Gd
PS. like your sign off it is so true ;o)

milly
12-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi seems a few members from Wales here.
I have not been on a while myself lots of things happening.
Maybe we will meet up oneday
Bye for now
Milly

graydog
12-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Well I'm in Wrexham ish, any you guys want a run around Horse Shoe pass some time next year. This is a number of 25-->50 rides with some BIG hills ;o)

where in the west are you?

Graydog

milly
12-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I am based in Llanddewi Brefi

savarin
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
My dad was born in Cym, does that count?

xgabrielx
12-23-2008, 10:39 AM
I thought Llanddewi Brefi was fictional. I'm so bad at geography. I'm in Pembroke, myself. Though, I'm starting to wonder if maybe Pembroke is fictional, too. LOL.

back2life
12-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Hello all. I spent 9 months in London back in 1997. It was the best 9 month of my life. I met so many neat people and saw some wonderful sights. I even got to see prince willilam. I kinda have a crush on him. But anyway I am wondering if we could be email friends. A goal I haved is to ride the English country side on my bent for 3 months it will be awhile before I have the money. I am figuring about 5 years but it will happen and I would like to know that I could meet up with some one or more than one to help me cros the country if even for just a ale in the local pub. I just want to meet as many peoople as possible. I am in the process of building a loderunner trike so I can haul stuff when need be and for the trip ovedr there. Besides here in Oregon England was the most beautiful country I have been to. I was in the US Navy from 86 to 90 and got to see 22 countries most Asia but i did get into India, Thiland, Aftrica, New Zealand and Australia. I am not asking to stay with you all just to see if we could hook up and maybe have you show some sights that most tourists dont get to see and just to siy and chat and see who can tell the biggest tale. I also have a fsination with the Monarchy. I wish America had that kind of tradition but we are only a little over 200 years old not as much time as you have been around. I also pride mtself to be the tipical American Ass who looks down at you I respect and even envy you a bit. Since that ***** Bush has been in office I am avaully kinda ashamed to be American on so many subjects. Dont get me wrong I don't hate America but I just think it has a bit more trouble than it should and we need to settle down and work on our infrastrucer for a bit of time. I am really looking forward to see how Obama does this term if he will at leaste try to do half the things he siad he wanted to do I ll be happy. If you cant tell I am a bit ashamed on how we run our election with all that putting the other guy or gal down it just isnt right and makes the candidates look like fool both the ones showing the stuff and the one not because they just start doing it too.

I am now in the process of getting the material to build my first loderunner and getting more and more excited as I get each p;iece for the build.

So if you would like a email friend just shoot me a way of an email to you it would really be great.

Thanks for reading and hope to here from someone.

graydog
12-24-2008, 07:01 PM
B2L, az crew are always welcome here, if you need a base to ride from stop on by!
never be knida ashamed of your homeland it is a fine Nation! it is part of you and you it that can never change love what you are!!! all the best bits ;o) the US has an intersting few year ahead and I for one look forward to the new chapter.
If things go to plan we will be over the pond in 2010.

now as for you riding the UK, you can bring your own or we can sort a ride out for you AZ style!!!

regards
GD

mail us anytime

back2life
12-25-2008, 11:37 AM
B2L, az crew are always welcome here, if you need a base to ride from stop on by!
never be knida ashamed of your homeland it is a fine Nation! it is part of you and you it that can never change love what you are!!! all the best bits ;o) the US has an intersting few year ahead and I for one look forward to the new chapter.
If things go to plan we will be over the pond in 2010.

now as for you riding the UK, you can bring your own or we can sort a ride out for you AZ style!!!

regards
GD

mail us anytime

I am sorry my last post did sound like I was ashamed of my beloved country. I love my country and I volunteered to go into mour Navy. It was the best choice in my life and I shake my head at myselkf every day or so because I didn't make it a career. I just hated some of the rules that didn't effect how the job got done or how to do but just beacause they wanted everyone to look the same anbd do evrything like everyone else. Like this one thing now its not the only thing but one that really ticked m,e off. Regulations say a seamans shoes must be black no gray scuffs or holes. Well my were all ways perfectly black and scuff they just weren't the shiney type that you could see you face in them. I refused to do that polishing every night because I sat behind a desk typing and making reports I only left my boomcloset of an office to see the supply department head and to pass out the daily reports. Because of that I could never get a 4.0 the highest grade. It was just a bunch of really silly rules like that. But while in the Navy I saw what good things we do for a vast num ber of peoploe every day. I went to a number of refuge camps all over asia and did a clown acted with 7 other sailors. I felt I couldn't change their lives for ever and for the best but if I could make thme laugh for one afternoon than all the trecking and armed guards we had was worth it. I LOVE MY COUNTRY. I have a dream of visiting as many cou ntries as possible because from my past I end up loving my country rvrn more. I have admit thou I do get a bit irratated and ashamed of some of out antics. It is very child like at times and I believe someday the whole country will grow up just a bit and be even better than it has ever been.

you could email me at ifrazie1@cp.chemeketa.edu. Thats my school email and I check it every day. After I graduate in 1 3/4 years I will be getting a website but thats a ways in the futer. If you write to that address put AZ or Atomic Zombie in the sugject linbe so Ill know whose emailing me. I would love to get to know you anbd even more people in Great Britain. I loved being their and I will be back some day. I am thinking of shippinh my own bike over or if I am really rich by winning the lottery making one when I get over then see thecountry roads..

Which map planning book would you suggest that I get that would give the best maps to plan my trip and could you put my enail to any other AZ poeople over their.

Looking forward to riding our hand built recumbents for a wonderful and an educational experience.:sunny:

xanda2260
02-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Hey guys, it's nice to know there are other UK builders. I myself am in Lowestoft (most easterly point in mainland UK) in East Anglia. I'm starting a StreetFox build, we'll see how it goes!

Wobbly John
02-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Well that's 2 East Anglians up at 'stupid O'clock' in the morning! :rolleyes4:

I'm heading off for a ride with some friends down in Essex when I've dosed up on caffiene.

You been working all night on that Streetfox, Xanda?

savarin
02-21-2009, 04:37 AM
I used to live in Kings Lynn some 20 years ago.
Pity I wasnt into bents then but I did stay up till early morning o"clock building high performance windsurfers from styro, west systems experimental epoxy and carbon fibre.
Good days.
The winter we left for warmer climes it dropped to -25C and deepsnow.
Went back for a visit in 2000 and dont miss the place.
Wish I could find more builders up here (Down here to you lot:rolleyes4:)

xanda2260
02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Hell I'm still teaching myself to weld properly and trying to track down a steel supplier! I'll get there though, eventually!

neilc
02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone here in the UK?

I'm in the midlands.

yep - near leicester

graydog
03-01-2009, 06:44 AM
so how many of you guys in the UK are member of www.BHPC.org.uk ?
good chance to race your ride against other non AZ builder :builder2:

neilc
03-01-2009, 12:06 PM
so how many of you guys in the UK are member of www.BHPC.org.uk ?
good chance to race your ride against other non AZ builder :builder2:

I might have been on the website once or twice

Neil

Wobbly John
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I used to be a member and have raced in the past.

taloch
03-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Not interested in the racing side of things Graydog. Seems a closed clique over there.

More into touring and general comfortable commuting.

Odd Man Out
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Not interested in the racing side of things Graydog. Seems a closed clique over there.

More into touring and general comfortable commuting.

Appearances would be deceiving... We zombies are anything but a "closed clique". We may be undereducated on the racing scene and that is why we have not engaged on the subject. Please feel free to open our eyes -- we are free spirits and always open to new things when it comes to HPV's. You are more than welcome here. Consider yourself warmly embraced within the "closed clique"...

taloch
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh dear me, seems to be a misunderstanding of my post.

No offense was intended in any way while posting.

My apologies if you were.

Odd Man Out
03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh dear me, seems to be a misunderstanding of my post.

Seems a closed clique over there = www.BHPC.org.uk

No offense was intended in any way while posting.

My apologies if you were.

No need for an apology -- no offense was taken. It's all joy and happyness and peaceful expectation here in Obamaland... (Oh no, did I just slip in some non PC sarcasm!?!?! Obama forbid!!!)

Merlin
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Nice to read post from other uk builders, I'm in Bourne South Lincs.. Just finished WildKat at the second attempt (dodgy welding on 1st caused rather embaressing accident on 1st outing) Finally got it all working nicely today between the hail showers

splodge
04-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi,

I just found this site and have started to find some Chinese donors for my street fox! I can't weld, haven't got a welder, but have an engineering background (well did my apprenticeship anyway!) so feel I may be OK.
I'm hoping to abuse the staff at school for instruction and equipment. We'll see! Anyway, I'm in the South West near Tavistock. I'm sure I'll be asking loads of questions soon.:dunce2:

Odd Man Out
04-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Splodge
A hearty welcome from the far side of the pond -- with your engineering background I look forward to your future creations. Even though you can't weld (YET), I am confident that when this sickness/addiction takes hold that you will be spurred to great hieghts. We are here to help and there is no such thing as a dumb question. Again, welcome.

alecw35
06-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Hi

I live on the east coast of scotland. Near the city of Dundee.

Its nice here. Just enough hills to keep it interesting

ttony002
06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
hi all just like to say hello and let you know that norfolk is represented

savarin
06-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Where in Norfolk?
I used to live in Kings Lynn but prefer the warmer climes here now.:sunny:

John Lewis
06-16-2009, 08:55 AM
hi all just like to say hello and let you know that norfolk is represented

G'day Ttony,

My ancestor Joshua Kemp came from Burnham Thorpe. He arrived here in Western Australia aboard the Pyrenees on June 28th 1851 as one of 283 convicts.::)

John Lewis

ttony002
06-20-2009, 04:38 PM
hey john ,savarin . im in small town called attleborough about 35 miles from Burnham Thorpe . here like most norfolk mostly flat easy biking country.
im making a trailer kinda like a b.o.b chuck tent in etc do some cycle camping that sort of thing . im thinking of having a go at a tadpole at some point . i think this would be a better option for older knees

xanda2260
08-21-2009, 04:50 PM
hey john ,savarin . im in small town called attleborough about 35 miles from Burnham Thorpe . here like most norfolk mostly flat easy biking country.
im making a trailer kinda like a b.o.b chuck tent in etc do some cycle camping that sort of thing . im thinking of having a go at a tadpole at some point . i think this would be a better option for older knees

Tony, you seem to have the same idea as me!
I'm in lowestoft and am working on a cyclebully at the moment (put of streetfox tadpole until I can weld better!)
I fully intend to do some camping when the bully's finished, there's some lovely areas in east anglia!

migman
09-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Hi All
I am in Rotherham ,South Yorkshire area
I have a couple of builds in gallery,A Hand Trike and a Tandem
and i have just got the Worrior plans and looking forward to starting
on that ,
I am just finnishing a 2 wheel hand Cycle :rolleyes4:
Would be good to hear from any local builders

james folkes
01-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi All
I am in Rotherham ,South Yorkshire area
I have a couple of builds in gallery,A Hand Trike and a Tandem
and i have just got the Worrior plans and looking forward to starting
on that ,
I am just finnishing a 2 wheel hand Cycle :rolleyes4:
Would be good to hear from any local builders

hey hey! just up the road in sheffield (or along the canal towpath, should i say...).

part way through a high roller, getting very excited about longer term plans for a tourmaster too.

james.

migman
01-22-2010, 03:44 AM
hey hey! just up the road in sheffield (or along the canal towpath, should i say...).

part way through a high roller, getting very excited about longer term plans for a tourmaster too.

james.
Hi James
Its good to hear from a local krew member and welcome aboard
Not got too much done in the last month or so with all that white stuff falling,
i am in Bolton on Dearne , Rotherham.
We will have to get together and have a good old chin wag some time

Best Regards
migman

KoolKat
01-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Welcome James! :sunny:

mark barker
04-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Sounds like I'm a bit further south than most of the UK builders! Nice to hear that I'm not the only one going into this project totally unprepared... Welding can't really be that hard can it? ;) I'm still doing a bit of research before I take the plunge and make a start, although my shed is slowly filling with potential donor bikes so hopefully it'll be easy going.....

migman
04-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Hi Mark
Welcome aboard, Just make sure there is enough room in the shed for you and your build
Them doner bikes tend to creep up and take over your space LOL,
Go on take the plunge you will enjoy every bit of the build

Regards migman

stormbird
05-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi there

Is there anyone near Mansfield [ Nottinghamshire ] trying to build a Zombie bike with Stick welding ?

I seem OK with 1.5mm when running flat beads but the moment I go anywhere near anything bicycle shaped/parts my welding looks more like chicken sh*t [ and that is being unfair to chicken sh*t :jester:]

See here :-

http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php?t=4120

regards Paul

milly
05-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Paul
I remember when I enquired about stick welding to get a mig for bicycles, I still have not yet as not been welding for a while but the time draws near must see what about since I last looked will keep the stick though not ussed much now but useful when is

regards
Milly

Lurchenstien
06-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Howdo, I've been lurking on the site for a short while, and figured I'd bung a post on here as I should be starting work on a project soon. I've got a few bikes cut up, a few projects in mind, and now a welder to learn to use.

Sounds like I'm a bit further south than most of the UK builders!

Heh, you're north of me, Isle of Wight here.

L.

Ferrina
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM
An Essex boy reporting for duty sir! :sunny:

TheJoker
06-07-2010, 04:01 AM
North Oxfordshire here - been lurking for a good while, been reading Brad's and Kat's books and recently bought some plans.
My first project is going to be a chopper. I was initially thinking of a trike with a 40-s style stepside flatbed, so I could go shopping in it. However I only have a narrow back-gate to the garden and a trike won't fit through (and redoing the gate is a major job).
So my current plan is to build a chopper and a chopper-trailer. Got two old bikes that are ready to be chopped up, and bought two 14" car wheels... Now I'm mostly clearing my schedule and finishing off other projects. :)

GreggyB
06-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Just spotted the Zombie UK squad here on the forum.

Greg from the East Riding of Yorkshire, Bridlington division reporting for duty sah!

My efforts so far can be found in the Marauder department, and I'm really enjoying the build.

The next in my sights is the Warrior Tadpole Trike, just luuurve that shape! :punk:

I own the plans to Rickey Horwitz's aluminium tadpole trike, a beauty to behold, but ally scares me off at the moment.

Brads trike seems infinitely more doable as I can weld steel. :)