PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Just about to start a recumbent

Turtle
07-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi! I'm new to this chopping and welding stuff but can't wait to get started!

I want to build a Semi-recumbent - like the WildKat or something very similar.

Just saying hi really, It's great to find a site with lots of bike builder enthusiasts!!

Does anyone know of a Tig Welder in the Gloucestershire area by chance? Some one who would do odd jobs cheaply?

Thanks!

choppersrule
07-05-2010, 05:27 PM
hi turtle welcome to the wonderfull world of chopping there is a lot of good people on this site and all to willing to help with advice.
sorry i dont live close to you ( as i live in australia. bummer ) as i have a mig and would gladly do a job for you.
good luck and welcome

Turtle
07-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi Choppersrule,

Thanks for offering all the same. I'm half Australian myself!

velotux
07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi Turtle.

Welcome to the family. Why get someone else to do it for you. With some patience and practice and following the information to be found in the forum and website it is really quite easy. The only problem I have had with the AZ bikes is people keep hailing me to stop to have a closer look and ask me about them. The great thing though is I can say "I built it" and when you get out riding on a great machine you have built yourself there is not a lot that compares in my opinion. Help is here if needed in all aspects of building. All I can say is take a deep breath and go for it. I did, and I just test rode a bike of my own design today after two successfull AZ bike builds. Big grin like a cheshire cat and the bike isn't even for me.

Enjoy the experience.

Best regards.

Tim

Turtle
07-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi Tim,

Thanks for a warm welcome! :)

I think I've got everything I need to start, except a few tools - but all the bikes ect.
I shall go for it! It'll be good to learn new skills aswell.

Cheers

Edwin

velotux
07-16-2010, 03:22 PM
The very best of luck to you! I hope you enjoy your build, and riding your machine as much as I do.

All the best.

Tim