PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

dementedDave
07-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Hello

I am Dave, and I live in Utah.

I have been building bikes on and off for awhile now, some better than others, some painted, most not, usually from "garbage." I particularly love hacking up little pink girl's bikes, because they always cry when I cut them up. But they seem to enjoy their new lives as FrankenBikes.

I just purchased some of Brad's plans, and spent this weekend repairing my sagging garage to create a new workspace, SWMBO demanded the backyard be returned to a playspace for the kids. I thought their rusty sculptures were cool, but whatever... I will put a swamp cooler in the garage and make it the best place on the block!

Attached is a pic of my latest, built by my son and I.

Dave

greenevegiebeast
07-26-2010, 01:05 AM
hay dave welcome to the MAD HOUSE

Radical Brad
07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Nice one. Swamp cooler... great idea!
It's been so hot lately, I could put my head in the ice every half hour to stay cool.

Brad

velotux
07-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi Dave.

Welcome to the AZ Krew.
Funnily enough the front of my Meridian started life as a little girls pink bike. Perhaps we should start a poll in the forum as to how many people have cool bikes that started life this way.

Great bikes.

All the best.

Tim

graucho
07-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Welcome Dave. Looks like a blast to ride. These long bikes take a little skill to ride. I often jump from my road bike to my choppers and have to get a grip for a few feet. How does yours ride?

imamedik
07-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi Dave.

Welcome to the AZ Krew.
Funnily enough the front of my Meridian started life as a little girls pink bike. Perhaps we should start a poll in the forum as to how many people have cool bikes that started life this way.

Great bikes.

All the best.

Tim

Welcome to the madness Dave.
Tim my meridians front ends past life was on my youngest daughters powder blue girls bike :wings: may it rest in pieces :smartass2: