PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Finland

Enrique
08-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi all,

I have started my first project that is supposed to produce a High Roller. Parts are pretty much collected and first welds are finished.
After finishing the High Roller I'm planning to build The Warrior during next winter. Will see how things proceed.

Seems like work is seriously stealing time from the new hobby... :)

Cheers,
Enrique

KoolKat
08-19-2010, 05:37 AM
Welcome to the family! :sunny:

graucho
08-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Hello Enrique. Welcome to the group. When able post pictures so we can see some landscape in Finland. OOPS! I meant your bike build.

KoolKat
08-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Hello Enrique. Welcome to the group. When able post pictures so we can see some landscape in Finland. OOPS! I meant your bike build.

How about some bikes and the landscape! Would love to see more scenery from your country.

Our city, Thunder Bay, is home to 12,825 people of Finnish descent,the highest concentration of persons of Finnish origin per capita in Canada, and the second largest Finnish population in Canada after Toronto which has 14,750 persons of Finnish origin.

Thunder Bay has five sister cities on three continents, including Seinäjoki, Finland since 1974.

velotux
08-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi Enrique and welcome.

I hope your project goes well and you enjoy building your bike.

All the best.

Tim

Enrique
08-20-2010, 04:05 PM
How about some bikes and the landscape! Would love to see more scenery from your country.

Our city, Thunder Bay, is home to 12,825 people of Finnish descent,the highest concentration of persons of Finnish origin per capita in Canada, and the second largest Finnish population in Canada after Toronto which has 14,750 persons of Finnish origin.

Thunder Bay has five sister cities on three continents, including Seinäjoki, Finland since 1974.

I knew that there is a lot of Finnish people in Thunder Bay but I didn't have the exact statistics. I'll get You some pics also from Seinäjoki since we had a recumbent rider meeting there a couple of years ago.

Have to admit that I'm a lousy welder. But I guess that practice is the key. After all; it was about thirty years ago since my previous welding sessions. So I'll send some pics of my project when I get my welds to a level that I can live with... :)

While waiting You can find photos and other stuff in www.lowride.info (http://www.lowride.info). The most recent ones are from our Lowride 2010 -meeting in Jyväskylä last July.

CU,
Enrique

velotux
08-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Enrique.

Welding is just like riding a bike if you'll pardon the pun. Once you learn to ride/weld you never really forget. But I agree the more you weld the better you get. It just takes some time to get used to again. If you need any help, you are in the right place, and just ask. There is great advice and support here for all things bike related whatever you are doing.

I wish you every success with your project, and look forward to seeing the results.

All the very best.

Tim

Enrique
08-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I agree. It's not so hard to get the basics back. But I think there is a certain percentage of perfectionism in everyone of us. And my percentage seems to be pretty high...

It's good to know that help is near if (and when) a piece of advice is needed!

Enrique

velotux
08-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Each project I build I push my skills, knowledge, creativity, budget and equipment to my limits. That is what your dream bike is made of... Until the next one.... And then there is usually another.

All the very best.

Tim