PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Glendale, AZ

MadMax01
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm new here, but I've been into bikes since I was around 8. I found out about recumbent trike many years ago but have never had the money to buy or build as I have never tried welding.

I can design my ideas for the bikes I would like to see on paper, though I would not say my design are all my own, mostly combining stuff I have seen to make a "working" project. The only idea I have came up with on my own was reverse for a recumbent trike or quad, but as I don't have one to try it on I'm not absolutely sure it will work.

Present projects on paper are a fully suspended camper for two and a tandem leaning velomobile trike human/electric hybred, both will have reverse just like a regular car.

I have a friend that is very good at welding so I'm going to ask him to help me until I can learn to weld myself. I have been reading the forums and I am getting very inspired to make at least one project become a real working bike. My other problem is I'm 6' 2" and 330lbs+ so it has to be strong as I don't like to take it easy on my transportation.

Looking forward to sharing ideas with all of you.

Cptn Jon
09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the krew! I winter in Peoria and bring a Sun Delta trike and a homebuilt LWB in my 5th wheel Camper. Here is a link to the LWB build.
http://lv2sail.com/NewWildKat.aspx Enjoy the build process then SMILE the whole time you are ridding knowing you had something to do with the entire process.

Richie Rich
09-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Welcome, "Max".......Nice to have you aboard.

New ideas are always welcome and we especially like to see pictures of your projects.

Keep us posted on what you're up to.

......Richie Rich....

KoolKat
09-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the AZ family Max!