PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Wolverhampton

sprocket
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi all,
My name is Richard, I am slowly, very slowly building a Ucan2. I took early retirement about 2 years ago and since then I have been trying different things to fill my time. Learning to weld seemed like a good idea, and flushed with success from joining two pieces of steel together decided I needed a project. There are several bike builders on the welding forum I visit, they often mentioned AZ. So I lurked here in the shadows for a while, bought the plans, and started down the slippery slope. And that your honour is the case for the defence.
To be honest I think it is the best thing I have ever done. I am really enjoying the build, even when things go wrong and I feel like throwing the lot in a skip. The thought of building the next bike keeps me coming back.
This site is a fountain of knowledge and I hope I don't drive you all crazy with lots of questions.
Looking forward to learning from you all.
Rich

imamedik
10-08-2010, 06:49 PM
This site is a fountain of knowledge and I hope I don't drive you all crazy with lots of questions.
Looking forward to learning from you all.
Rich

I don't think you can drive us crazy :rolleyes4:, we already try to hitch rides on the magik bus :scooter:, You know the bus driver is an alien :alien: :jester:

KoolKat
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Welcome! I think each of us is a bit insane to begin with, which is why we meet here! :rolleyes4:

sprocket
10-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks.
Bus driving aliens.....:eek: Nooo, I'm not even going to ask.

graucho
10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Welcome Sprocket! Glad you came out from the shadows.
SirJoey=Alien. He really is. lol
Here's a link to get you up to speed about the magic bus. Enjoy the group.
http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php?t=4525

socialtalker
10-09-2010, 04:32 PM
hello and welcome, what are you building?

sprocket
10-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Hello socialtalker, I am building a Ucan2. If I ever finish it I will donate it to a school by me for special needs children. I have not told them yet, they could have a long wait for it. I really should start a thread on the build

graucho, thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the link. I think, I am away to read it now.