PDA

View Full Version : suspension fork/hub motor on loderunner

socialtalker
12-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I got my fork with the heavy dropoffs last spring, but now i am thinking about something a little different.
the plans say that i could use a suspension fork for the loderunner, BUT would a suspension fork be okay if i decide to use a front hub motor? ever since i realized electric bike motors are quiet, and not the noisy loud machines like the little gas engines, i am seriously thinking about saving up for a hub motor over the winter. however i am also thinking about having front suspension. are there suspension forks that come with heavy dropouts or can i have some welded on? i am planning on 20 inch wheels for all three wheels. thanks

Radical Brad
12-29-2010, 11:06 PM
A hubmotor is not compatible with an aluminum suspension fork. I tried several, and they all eventually broke! I was very lucky during one accident where I sheared the dropouts of a very expensive and heavy duty MB suspension fork with a small 350 watt hubmotor. The vibration and torque of a hubmotor is just too much for an aluminum dropout. I highly recommend you do not try it.

Brad

socialtalker
12-30-2010, 01:43 AM
thanks! thats all i needed to know, I will just stick with what i already have, the steel fork with heavy dropouts like you have in the book.