Jose_Franco
01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Or he needs the attention... badly!

calcustom
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Those are some serious ape hangers!

John Lewis
01-20-2011, 01:58 AM
I saw some like that the other day. Not quite that radical but about eye level or just above anyway.
I don't think they could be legal. Cant see how he could control the bike.

John

calcustom
01-21-2011, 06:58 AM
I think to be legal they can't be above your shoulder.

redrkt
06-02-2012, 01:28 AM
yeah if you look closely he also has 10" risers on there. and most states it is shoulder level.

river
06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Well that's way over the top, kind of ridiculous. How could you have any control

redrkt
06-02-2012, 10:10 AM
you don't..... and everybody gets to share his B.O. :rolleyes4:

Radical Brad
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
All he needs now is some lexan across the bars and a set of windshield wipers!

Brad

John Lewis
06-03-2012, 06:16 AM
I saw one here a while back.
Not quite that extreme but they were about ear height.
Surely couldn't have been legal or very controllable.

John

Radical Brad
06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
But just think, this guy (even half in the bag) would be a far less danger to others on the road than one of those drive-and-text air heads!
Even if he had only one arm, one good eye, and a flat front tire he would be less of a danger than a texting happy driver!

Oh yeah... we were almost killed by a texting air-head 3 days ago as she drove over the line doing 30 over the limit, so you can understand my anger.

Brad

charlie_r
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM
I fully understand, Brad. Those are the ones I REALLY watch for on my daily runs. I have observed them on many occasions pull up to a stop sign, and without looking anywhere(except at their phones), just go off the brake and onto the gas. Many close calls.

HPVTraveler
06-03-2012, 11:09 PM
As a motorcycle rider (ok scooter) I also agree with the talk of the distracted drivers.
Every intersection is a place to be run down, also I try to watch every vehicle around me for tell tale signs of for lack of a better discription ~ attention defisit disorder ... LOL

edspedalcars
07-14-2013, 12:26 AM
I know this is a little old, but I just have to put in my,observation, here.

Brad your encounter with the texting air-head reminded me of this instance.

As a truck driver one see's a lot of strange and dangerous stuff on the roads.

Riverside, Ca.

Fuel tanker, (doubles), pulling out of the refinery.

Starting from a dead stop at a light. Going up hill, he pulls out, with a cell phone in left hand and talking, while making a left hand turn. He reaches down with his left hand (with phone) turns on turn signal.

Starts left turn with right hand on steering wheel, still talking with phone to left ear, never looked in mirrors,

Mid turn of intersection, takes right hand off steering wheel, (no hands on the wheel here) while the truck is turning, (who's steering this 'fuel' truck now?).

He starts making the turn with the (phone still in ear, still talking), makes a shift, places right hand back on steering wheel, gets 'tractor' straight, (trailers are still turning), and removes right hand from steering wheel, again, and shifts. (Still talking on cellphone)

Yes ! See Ma No Hands !!!, may be fun, but as a fellow truck driver, I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed.

That's my two cents.

Ed

Radical Brad
07-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, these knuckleheads that think they need to constantly text the world baffle me! I don't own a cell phone and never plan to, so I have never tried texting, so I have to wonder... what the hell do they talk about all day???

... yo!
... sup?
... nuttin
... 'cha doin?
... drivin
... coo
... where you?
... 5 lane highway
... coo
... see the game?
... ya, wtf?
... ya crazy.
... red light
... coo

I mean really! What else baffles me is why the police don't hire a large unit that does nothing but ticket these air heads. They are always whining about budget, so a continuous onslaught of rookies that just handed out $200 texting tickets would make a fortune for the department and lower taxes.

Brad

Tradetek
07-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Amen Brad!

But you realize that your sample discussion was typed like a born texter right?

My daughter would be proud ;)

BTW, I've been assuming that the two teens in your final build pics are your kids, if so... do they have cell phones?