PDA

View Full Version : Site recycle time

Cheezy Rider
01-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Sorry Brad,
Hate to keep buggin, but site seems different acting than before. I just posted the reply to you about the pic posting problem. About 5 minutes later I clicked on "new posts", and it said there were no new posts, when there were 3 listed five minutes earlier. I've noticed this a few time while on the site, one minute there are half a dozen new posts, then I look around the site and go back to "new posts" and it says nothing is there.
I wasn't sure if there was a time of the day when the site removed those posts, and started fresh.

glidergider
01-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Chezzy,
I agree, the site is acting differently compared to other forums I frequent. It would be great if the "new posts" stayed up longer. Why not a list that extends into yesterday?

AtomicZombie
01-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Thanks guys we'll see if we can change some options. This is a completely different software - a 100% change from the previous version so there are some things that will be drastically different. Some options we can change with a few clicks, others take a lot of time so if we can't get something fixed within a couple of weeks, then chances are it's a big undertaking and will have to wait. I have noticed some caching issues with different browsers. Chrome and Explorer mainly. But so far Firefox hasn't given me any probs. with the new forum software.

Cheezy Rider
01-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Okay, thanks for checking.

AtomicZombie
01-21-2011, 02:16 AM
It seems to be a common issue among users and admins so hopefully the software techies will have a solution.