PDA

View Full Version : New Member trouble with posting

D.V.P
03-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Hey guys.
:)

I've just joined the forum and wanted to put a thread in the "Australia & New Zealand" forum to introduce myself but I keep getting this message:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

:confused:

Help please.

shifty
03-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Hmm. Odd. the first thing that springs to mind is, have you received and clicked through the link in the activation email? But I guess that by posting here that is kind of a given!
Hopefully the admin guys will be along soon and have an answer for you.

D.V.P
03-12-2011, 06:21 AM
have you received and clicked through the link in the activation email? But I guess that by posting here that is kind of a given!

Yeah, that's all taken care of.

This is getting weirder and weirder....

I tried to start a thread in the Projects section and got a message saying I'm not logged in (even though I was).
When I logged in it said "Welcome back" but at the top of the page it said I wasn't logged in...

Hope one of the mods/admins can sort this out.....?

shifty
03-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Try clearing your browser cache of cookies and start again.

KoolKat
03-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Try clearing your browser cache of cookies and start again.

Welcome! Shifty is right - it's a browser caching problem. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

D.V.P
03-12-2011, 05:40 PM
No that's not it.
I do that daily anyway...

Still can't start a new thread in any forum - part from this one of course.

Is there like a minimum post count limit before you can start a new thread or something?
I've seen that on some other forums.

shifty
03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't think so, my first post was to start a thread.
What browser are you using? I have had issues in the past with other forums where they simply wouldn't play ball with Opera/Safari/Chrome/Avant etc but worked just fine in Internet Explorer or Firefox.

KoolKat
03-12-2011, 06:22 PM
No minimum post count required to start a new thread. This forum software is compatible with FireFox, Explorer, Chrome, Safari...some issues reported with Opera.

D.V.P
03-13-2011, 12:16 AM
This is just too strange.....

I can start a new thread in every other section of this site....
Europe, South Africa, Asia, Electric bikes, Gears etc etc etc BUT NOT IN AUSTRALIA AND PROJECTS....!?!?!

The only two I want to start threads in and it won't let me. :rolleyes4:

It's also odd how I get different messages from the different forums, as I mentioned earlier.

I'm using Internet Explorer by the way.

I frequent about a dozen different forums on the net, listen to internet radio, watch and upload videos on YouTube etc etc.
No problems.

Dunno... might cancel my account and start again and set up a new one?

:confused:

SirJoey
03-13-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm reminded of the old expression "To err is human, to REALLY foul things up takes a computer! " http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9149/toofunny.gif

*** The **** Is My Shepherd! ***
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)

AngleGrinder
03-15-2011, 02:45 AM
All sorted now, guys.
Took a couple of attempts but I got there in the end.

shifty
03-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Excellent news! Any idea what the issue turned out to be, or did you just cut your losses and start again?

AngleGrinder
03-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Nah no idea what was going on.
I set up a second one and things got even weirder.
Kept chopping and changing between the first and second account.
Still wouldn't let me start threads though.

In the end I set up this account using a different email adress just to be sure, and it's all working.

AngleGrinder
03-15-2011, 08:26 AM
........ or so I thought..... :(

Still won't let me start a thread in the Projects section.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

[EDIT]

Then again....
When I got the error message I hit the refresh button and then it let me start a new thread.

Seriously, I'm the only one this has happened to?

Anyway.
I'll manage. :)

Radical Brad
03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I am going to say "Yes", or we would have heard about it by now!
Computers.... always in the way of the good things in life, like building bikes!

AngleGrinder
03-15-2011, 07:31 PM
It seems to be ok now.
Just have to do a lot of refreshing the page whenever I open it.

Another forum I post in is the same.
Whenever I open it, it's always the way I left it without the new posts/replies updated.

Just one of those things I suppose.

shifty
03-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Guess you are just the "chosen one"!!! http://www.dogproductshop.co.uk/smile/animated/anim_59.gif