PDA

View Full Version : Az newbie building warrior for distance ride

cruiserkb
07-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I will be building a warrior for a 600 mile solo charity ride. I have ridden bikes since i was 3 and due to some recent medical issues i am forced to ride something with 3 wheels. I found this and was imediatly hooked. I will be using alluminum for the frame and a friend will be machineing alot of parts. I am shooting to ride in october of 2012 as i will be turning 40 on the 8th of that year. I am sure i will have lots of questions. So i look forward to talking to everyone. Now on with gathering all the parts.

Thanks
cruiser

KoolKat
07-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the Atomic Zombie family!

ken will
07-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Do you have your route planed yet?
600 miles will probably take you near some of us, we can come out to cheer you on.

cruiserkb
07-29-2011, 09:49 AM
I have not decided on a route yet. I have made the drive using many different routes. I need to go and study some topo maps to find one that contains the least amount of drastic elevation changes and has accomidations somewhat close to what I think I can do in a day. My wife will be driving the support van so she will need a bed every night. I will keep you posted as things come together.

I have a welder that will be helping me since I cant see good enough to weld any more. I am in the process of slowly gathering parts so I can start building.

Thanks