PDA

View Full Version : Builders in Arizona?

RobinduBois
09-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Hi, I'm starting work on a trike, loosely based on the Warrior and am looking for advice on current best sources of wheels and hubs and the like. I find pricepoint.com to be the best for brakes, any comments? If anyone has developed a systematic list of generic component specifications it would also help a LOT as the lingo is strange to me as a non bike builder. Cheers and happy building...

Robin du Bois

geronimo1111
05-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Are you still building? I'm in Flagstaff and just getting started. Looking for local builders to collaborate with.

Hi, I'm starting work on a trike, loosely based on the Warrior and am looking for advice on current best sources of wheels and hubs and the like. I find pricepoint.com to be the best for brakes, any comments? If anyone has developed a systematic list of generic component specifications it would also help a LOT as the lingo is strange to me as a non bike builder. Cheers and happy building...

Robin du Bois

Tradetek
05-21-2014, 03:06 AM
Welcome to the group... unfortunately you have responded to a thread posted by an inactive member.

Under the username in the top left corner of the post, if you see "guest" or "banned" the user is no longer a member of the forum.

Not to say that the post might not catch the eye of another AZ member, but Robin won't be able to respond to you.

Bill

darnthedog
05-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the group geronimo1111
There are a couple of us in Arizona but we are spread across it. I'm in Gilbert. Wonderer is up in the North west area of Phoenix. Most collaboration will be via the forum as I don't think either of us will be driving to Flagstaff on a regular basis. However feel free to ask questions. If your in the Phoenix area I'm usually free to meet Sunday to Tuesdays as I work the other days on a compressed schedule. I cannot speak for Wonderer. There were a couple others but I have not heard from them in a while. One I know and met sort of dropped out due to physical issues that prevented the use of his legs. He decide to go racing wheel chairs instead due to rules and regulation regarding hand cycles in competion. However feel free to create your own forum post and ask questions. Have you bought your plans yet? It is recommended to get the 6 pack as you will not build just one. And we love photos. So please post as your building. It also helps us to help you if you have questions. This entire forum is a world wide collaboration. And it is a fun community to be in. Even if we never meet face to face. So build and have fun and don't let physical location restrict you from having fun building and riding.

geronimo1111
05-23-2014, 01:46 AM
Bill, thanks for the heads up and welcome to the group. Looking forward to being a part of it.

geronimo1111
05-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome, darnthedog. I do come down to Phoenix, usually every weekend, to work on my mother-in-law's house. Fixing it up to rent. As soon as that project is done, I hope to have more time to devote to building a Viking and a Warrior.

I haven't bought the plans yet, but have been doing lots of research on the site and elsewhere. I will most likely get the 6 pack as it seems like a good deal. Thanks for the encouragement to ask questions. I plan on making an intro post soon...just wanted to get a base knowledge first. Hopefully, we can meet up after the house gets done...Thanks again for the welcome. Looking forward to being part of the community!:cyclist:

wonderer
05-27-2014, 12:09 AM
geronimo1111,........................This is wonderer here, welcome...............I live in Peoria, Arizona.......................I bought the Warrior plans & built one but it is to short for my height (I abandoned it to build one with the right dementions)...........I have started on build # 2 with added length & maybe a mesh seat instead of the posted one in the plans.....Not doing much because of the heat right now.................................You should buy the plans because you need to read through them many times to understand what they are trying to convey & so you can start research on parts and/or acquiring some bikes for parts.................................wonderer

Penola
05-27-2014, 02:46 AM
Hi and Welcome to this forum/world :-D

I 100% agree to getting the plans and start reading.
True the give you much needed info and pictures of many parts you need for the build.
It also gets you a lot of inspiration for the build

I have build an almost stock (build according to plans) Warrior but I have nontheless done a fare share of small modifications here and there.
Are there things I would have done differently, yes and no actually because I love the bike as it is and I will not change it as such.
I do however have ideas born from this build that I will use for the next build.

This is an ongoing process and I hope you get some nice build an joyfull hours with this project and all the lovely people in this forum.

Feel free to ask questions there are always opinions and help to be found in this forum :-D

Good luck

geronimo1111
06-03-2014, 02:36 AM
wonderer - Thanks for the welcome! Good luck with the Warrior build. Looks like a great trike. I hope to build one myself. I am looking to build a Viking for my mother-in-law who is 95. That way she can peddle and not worry about steering, braking or shifting. I would like to do mesh seats as well. Hope to see some of your pictures and your build and seat. I hear you about the heat. I think it was 111 today in the Valley. I am going to buy the plans, but have been able to soak up a lot of info on the forum...Appreciate the advice and maybe we can compare trikes when we get them built.

geronimo1111
06-03-2014, 02:43 AM
Hi, Penola - Thanks for the welcome and advice. Congratulations on building your Warrior. Looks like a very cool trike. I've been getting lots of ideas about materials and parts and been doing a lot of research. I think I am starting to wrap my head around building trikes. Still lots of questions though. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your build. Thanks for the encouragement! Geronimo

Penola
06-04-2014, 01:58 AM
Hi Geronimo1111

I'm not sure if I understood you right :-D
My Warrior kind of finished (it will most likely newer finish ;-D)
You can follow my build here : http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/6962-Warrior-helped-me-fight-back-after-death-accident?p=89085&highlight=#post89085
But there are so many other builds that are nicer executed than mine.

I wish you luck with your project :-D