PDA

View Full Version : Problem Posting.

John Lewis
01-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I seem to get this error message every now and then when I try to post a reply. Only started quite recently. I'm using Firefox.

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Clicking to try again usually resolves it so a minor annoyance only.

Anyone else experience it?

John

locolarry
01-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I,too, am using Firefox.with no issues.

TheJoker
01-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I got that too, Firefox 9.0.1.

savarin
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I get it as well, using firefox 3.6.25
Also cant seem to add smileys.
edit - it happened to this post but the smiley page did work

Radical Brad
01-01-2012, 08:01 PM
FF901 for me, and no issues... yet.
I sure don't need yet another 2 weeks of webserver hell. I just moved the main site to a new host and it was a week long affair.

Now i am trying to get my head around this A-Record lingo so I can move this forum to another hosting system. The problem is that the webhost is shared and A-Record requires an IP. Anyone out there a web genius??

Brad

KoolKat
01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I have FireFox 8.0.1. Nothing weird yet.

John Lewis
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
My firefox is 6.0.1. I've been holding off upgradng as its a bit of a pain in this Linux Distro.

The problem is intermittent anyway. As a second click has always worked it is more annoyance than anything .
Can't have Brad tearing out his hair. We need him designing a back to back tandem or something.:jester::jester: Smiley test now too. :cheesy:

John

Radical Brad
01-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I just realized something both amusing and scary... If you compare the total hours I have spent in the garage and editing the plans, it would not even come close to a fraction of the time I have spent to make this simple website work.

I would say my ratio of garage work to nerd work is about 1:10 so far.

20 years of worldwide internet connectivity and we still can't do something as simple as center an image in less than 20 lines of code! Billion dollar companies like Micro$0ft have tens of thousands of advanced programmers and still manage to release a browser that is fundamentally broken at its very core, forcing webmasters to spend countless hours coding workarounds.

How is this happening??!?!?

if the auto industry followed this model then we would all be driving a Ferrari with square wooden wheels.

Ok, my rant is over. As you can tell, I am deep into the nerd zone today. We are coding a 100% new AZ website right now and hope to launch it soon.

Doh... gotta go, my webserver just crashed again... CLICK!

locolarry
01-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Rad Brad,
Take Heart while in the Nerdy Trenches! You ARE appreciated by your Zombie Family! You will get it done!
Loco

HPVTraveler
01-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Rad Brad;

I realize that you were lost in the matrix, as you miss spoke about the auto industry. If they were having that much problems, no one would be driving motor vehicles ... just simple pedaled conveyances like bikes & trikes & quadracycles would exist for the common people. We can always hope though ... LOL!

Radical Brad
01-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks!

... yeah, the Matrix has me.
Now where is that white rabbit?

Brad