PDA

View Full Version : 24" suspension bike ?

wade-o
06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Im planning on building a streetfox in the near future and have a 24" suspension bike on hand, im wondering if this would work for a smaller version of this bike.

TheKid
06-16-2008, 11:15 PM
It certainly would. In fact my original had a 20" rear. You'll probably have to adjust some of the angles to get the right chain line without the chain hitting the chain stay, but that's easy, and easy to figure out how to do it once you start building it.

trikeman
06-17-2008, 12:31 AM
wade-o- with a smaller rear wheel you will lose a bit of top speed, but gain some hill climbing ability. Lots of trikes have small rear wheels, and you can always put a larger sprocket on the front.

wade-o
06-17-2008, 12:51 AM
alright thanks. do you think that i will have to change any of the measurments?

TheKid
06-17-2008, 01:20 AM
With the 20", I had to change the angle of the rear relative to the main boom slightly, but you may have to do that anyway if you don't have the same donor bike that Brad used. As I said before, once you start building it, you'll be better able to figure that out, because it's easy to see. Just start building it, and if you have any problems, there's plenty of help in these forums. Just read some of the entries and you'll see what I mean. The main thing is to enjoy your build, and have fun! It's very rewarding when you have a bike ready for that first ride.

wade-o
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
yes it is the same bike that brad used exept its not a 26". I think that I'll go with the same measurments as in the book and make any necessary tweaks

TheKid
06-17-2008, 11:26 PM
That's all you have to do. You may want to just tack weld the shock mount to the seat post, then check the angle to make sure the chain won't hit the chain stay. The BB shell should be below the axle, but the amount varies on variables within the build.

wade-o
06-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Alright thanks:)