PDA

View Full Version : Dr Dre Beats?

David_s
04-25-2012, 01:41 AM
I am seeing links to some site being randomly inserted into some of the posts????????????/

charlie_r
04-25-2012, 06:15 AM
When was the last time you did a deep system scan with your antivirus? I am assuming you are running a flavor of MS Windows. I ask because it appears that it is only your posts that this is happening to.

David_s
04-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Well I run Ubuntu so most virus don't affect me. Not saying that its impossible but unlikely.

worker1234
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I saw some links to earphones late last night. I am not good with computer.

Radical Brad
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Will investigate. Normally, this is initiated at the browser end by a hijacking program.
These spammers are so creative with these hacks, too bad they don't put their efforts into something usefull!

Brad

David_s
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Not seeing it today for some reason. Using FF right now will have to check chrome.

Radical Brad
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Seems we had a infection of enthusiastic spammers over the last few nights. May have to make the registration security questions more difficult as these boiler room monkeys seem to be trained in the art of reading now!
I mean honestly... does anyone really click these links and then purchase meds and diplomas online??? Why do they bother????

Brad

KoolKat
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Exterminated.

Please report posts by clicking on the report posts icon so we can quickly remove these pests from our community. They are also posting nonsense in the blog area. Thanks.

socialtalker
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
lol, i thought dr dre was building a bike when i saw the title!
spammers have software 'bot that just broadcast spam over thousands of sites at a time.

i forgot to say this is a sign people need to strengthen their passwords now.

http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/
because they will bust into forums looking for usernames with weak passwords and if they find them, they will look into their victims other accounts because people use the same passwords a lot of times over many of their stuff. i have strong passwords over a lot of stuff, but not this forum, i kept forgetting. i had a six character all letter password, just changed it.

Radical Brad
04-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Funny how the spammers would think some ganstah tunez would fly here in this community! Maybe I am wrong, but a more targeted ad would have been... "retro metal from the 80's collection". Defenders of the faith pounding in the background above the screech of my grinder would certainly be more fitting than "whump! whump! whump!" and a bunch of rapping. Doh!

Ironically, Dre is the same rebel gansta bad-ass rapper who cried the blues about filesharing and sued Napster along with a bunch of students!!!

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1023-239720.html

Maybe I should whip up a lawsuit for the time it took to remove the spam from our forum against his record company?

Brad

charlie_r
04-25-2012, 07:19 PM
David_s,

I also run Ubuntu. However, the browsers CAN be infected regardless of what OS you run. BHOs (Browser Helper Objects) don't need your permission to be installed into the code for the browser, as they don't need access to your OS files (ask me how I know). Firefox has gone the way of IE, as in no longer being very secure. Chrome right now is the most secure of all the browsers out there, but still has security holes.

Have you been keeping up with the update manager? There have been several security updates in the last week involving both Chrome and Firefox.

BTW, Ubuntu 11.04 here.

David_s
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM
charlie_r
I run the canary (very unstable developer version) build of chrome mostly. so it updates about every 2 or 3 days. The only reason I have been running FF at all is some bug with canary in playing video.
Havent seen the links today and tested in both FF and Chrome.