PDA

View Full Version : FL bike builders

KoolKat
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
bigw
Posted - 05/16/2007 : 22:30:03
just stopping by to see if theres any florida bike builders here. looking for local builders.

robertwb70
Posted - 07/25/2007 : 03:05:15
I'm in Sanford

Lunas'Harold
08-21-2009, 11:50 PM
I guess that this is where I say "Hi everyone". Am new to this site but it looks like a lot of fun, and maybe I can find something close to what I am looking for. Personally I never liked the crotch splitting bicyles, but the designs of the trikes & quads have peeked my interest.

They all look stable & sound as well as durable and something that will support my 220 plus poundage. It would seem that I need to learn how to weld so that I can make my ride. That should be an interesting expierence.

Out of curiosity has anyone thought of using a set of small truck leaf springs of the back tires of the trikes or quads. Am wondering if that would make for a smoother ride.

Almost forgot ... I live in a small town called Anthony, in between Ocala & Gainesville here in north centrial Florida. I chose the handle of Lunas'Harold as am a "night owl" by nature. Even when I had a 1st or 2nd shift job.

Guess I have rambled on enough for now, so maybe I'll meet some of you on a ride sometime. Maybe even a peddal camping trip.

Lunas'Harold:party::)

Odd Man Out
08-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Out of curiosity has anyone thought of using a set of small truck leaf springs of the back tires of the trikes or quads. Am wondering if that would make for a smoother ride.

Lunas'Harold:party::)

Welcome to the lunacy -- this is a great friendly forum. No question is considered "wrong". You are among friends.

Remember that what you build you will have to expend energy to make move. I would think that even the smallest truck leaf springs would wiegh a bunch. Also there are lighter ways to get a softer ride -- padding, bike shocks, elastomeric "springs" are a few.

Again Welcome.

KoolKat
08-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Welcome aboard Lunas'Harold! :punk: