PDA

View Full Version : inside hinges on the trike box

socialtalker
05-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Hello, regarding the steel hinges on the trike box in the LR instructions. I need the hinges to be on the inside instead of the outside of the box. the book says the store brought hinges wont hold. Where can I get instructions on how to make equally strong inside hinges? i have some idea, but my ideas about mechanics dont seem to work...lol.

Petone_NZ
05-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Look at the design of car trunk lid hinges - maybe even get some from a car wrecking yard. These hings are on the inside of an outward opening lid.

Mad7
05-16-2012, 04:30 AM
I needed some thing like that too. I tried house hinges they didn't work. I just used a 1/4 inch rod with a tube with a id big enough to receive the rod. That may help.

socialtalker
05-16-2012, 01:27 PM
i actually bought car hinges for the box, but realized they are entirely too large and my box is extended 3 by 2 instead of 2 by 2.
i am going to use the hinges i brought someplace else.

Look at the design of car trunk lid hinges - maybe even get some from a car wrecking yard. These hings are on the inside of an outward opening lid.

socialtalker
05-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Looks sound, but your set up looks sideways, is that your door? will that have the same stressor as an up/down door? It doesnt jiggle?

I needed some thing like that too. I tried house hinges they didn't work. I just used a 1/4 inch rod with a tube with a id big enough to receive the rod. That may help.