PDA

View Full Version : Where to put a Bottle Holder on a Spirit?

LuckyDave
09-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Any ideas, I was thinking about on the frame beside the read wheel.

The back of the seat seems too hard to reach while moving?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

darnthedog
09-15-2012, 04:27 PM
The front or back of the stem the handle bar is mounted to looks like a likely place. Also on the left side under the seat the bottle could be mounted side ways. And mounted to the back of the seat near the upper back seat should not be too hard to reach as it would be like reaching back to scratch your own back. Those are just my opinion without actually having built one yet.

arms10
09-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Any ideas, I was thinking about on the frame beside the read wheel.

The back of the seat seems too hard to reach while moving?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

Right in front of you on the handlebar extension. If you don't have the bottle braze-ons, you can use hose clamps like I did.

LuckyDave
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Opps, I guess I should have pointed out this is a USS spirit....

So there's no handle bar to attach it to,
and under the seat gets in the way of the steering.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1DIFe7Itddc/UCoJk37-AhI/AAAAAAAACCY/A4kRE_ciSXM/s1600/IMAG0171.jpg

TexasTuff
09-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi Dave
I didn't have good luck mounting the cage sideways on the frame. Maybe there are some cages that would work better than the one I tried. You might consider one of the water systems like the CamelBak and mount it on the back of the seat.
I have my water bottle cage mounted on the back of the seat on my DeltaWolf but I have to stop to use it.

Ticktock
09-15-2012, 08:45 PM
If it is under seat steering, how about flat on top of the boom, just in front of the seat?
Have not tried it, but I have mine on the steering tube pillar on the LWB, and it misses my legs (just)
Maybe even upright in the same area might work.
Steve G

Radical Brad
09-15-2012, 09:19 PM
On the top of the boom right in front of the seat.

Brad

imamedik
09-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Lucky Dave, here is an idea that you can use to attach your bottle cage. I used it to make an extension for my goose-neck.

5238 5240
1. get a goose-neck that fits inside your forks
2. cut the top of the goose-neck off and cut and re-weld the bolt to size
3. make sure it all fits good
4. get a tube that the goose-neck fits inside (possibly from another set of forks) I used a seat post cut to a good size
5. insert the goose-neck into the tube and weld
insert into the forks and tighten it up then attache the bottle holder

arms10
09-16-2012, 01:36 PM
A stem-mounted cage is also a possibility.http://store.cycledifferent.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ANGLE&Product_Code=KINGCAGEMOUNT&Category_Code=HYDRO

LuckyDave
09-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Many thanks guys, I will try the boom, and failing that, then stem. I'll use zip ties to hold it together for a test fit.

Been busy practising welding. Now I'm nearly good enough to be dreadful.:rolleyes4: