PDA

View Full Version : Warrior to E-Warrior

mwalsh6
11-30-2012, 01:23 PM
If you recall this was the first completed Warrior. I decided to upgrade after seeing the white Warrior thread. It wasn't as difficult as I thought, all I did was beef up the rear slightly and add a battery rack. The bike is complete with lights,Brake lghts, horn, turn signals, and a Ipod with speakers. The conversion kit was purchased at ebikes in Vancover BC. Although it wasn't cheap it was well worth it. Here's a couple of pics.

Mike

TexasTuff
11-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Nice job, I've been looking at the ebikes site at what was available. They seem to have a good reputation. What size motor and battery did you get? I recently purchased a Vision VR40 and now undecided as whether to put my e-assist on the VR40 or my DeltaWolf.
Are you getting the expected range and speed for which you had hoped?

PS: Are you running the accessories off the assist battery or do you have a separate battery for that?
What voltage are you running on the assist?
Sorry, lots of questions. Still trying to make the decisions I'm sure you've already gone through.

Radical Brad
11-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Very cool indeed!

Brad

mwalsh6
11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
I Am using the crysstalyte 3540 with the 36v lithium battery pack. As far as the lighting goes they sell a 12 volt converter which taps directly from the battery. All lighting is LED which requires low voltage and much easier to find, the turn signals are tractor trailer marker lights which were only 4 bucks a pop. Haven't had much to test as yet weather poor will keep updated on any problems I may incounter.

Mike

river
11-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Nice job on your warrior. I use a 3540 on my e bike and a amp 800 watt on my warrior, they both run great The 3540 is sensor less . i run lipo too. i got real good deals on both motors. Going to try something different on my aurora going to try a cheap brush motor. If it doesn't work out ill spring for a better motor. They are a blast to ride especialyl on the hills and on the way home when your tired.

jhlondt
12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I Am using the crysstalyte 3540 with the 36v lithium battery pack. As far as the lighting goes they sell a 12 volt converter which taps directly from the battery. All lighting is LED which requires low voltage and much easier to find, the turn signals are tractor trailer marker lights which were only 4 bucks a pop. Haven't had much to test as yet weather poor will keep updated on any problems I may incounter.

Mike

How many amp hours is your battery pack? Have you determined range yet?

Great setup btw. I bought the plans for the Warrior specifically with this kind of setup in mind. Any idea how much the whole thing ended up costing? I'm thinking something like $1200-$1500 for my build, but that's just an estimate.