PDA

View Full Version : New Builder from CT

dmac257
12-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi Everyone,
I want a recumbent / pedal forward bike but can't afford commercial products .. pretty handy with my hands and figure with a little guidance it can't be THAT hard to build my own HPV .. got to start somewhere so when i get the money will be ordering some plans to look over. come spring will be borrowing a MIG welder and learning to weld and bike frame seems a good project.

Guess that is my "introducing myself" as the e-mail said i should do ;-)
Dmac257

river
12-27-2012, 03:50 AM
hi Dmac' Im from Glastonbury Ct. Where in Ct do you live. i've been building bikes for over a year now and having allot of fun doing it If you need help let me know. You can view my projects on my profile if you want. I'm no expert and i'm still learning but i can tell you its a great hobbie and you can build these bikes pretty cheap if you use recycled parts. what bike are you thinking on building.

Radical Brad
12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the fun!

Brad

dmac257
12-27-2012, 11:29 AM
I am from New London, CT .. will probably get a couple of plans from AZ and make final decision after i have looked them over .. but leaning towards a tadpole trike.. mainly cause i want the stability when going slow up hills and the ease of the drive train for a first build. I am sure I will have LOTS of questions but they will be in the forum sections where I think they belong and I apologize in advance if I pick the wrong spot.
Dmac257