PDA

View Full Version : The best laid plans of mice and men

sandman
12-28-2012, 01:07 PM
The Viking is procceding(was) until my girlfriend tried my trike and told me nice as looking at my rear was, she enjoyed the steering to much to be resigned to being stoker, so plan B is building a Streetfox for her as I have all the bits after I sweet talk her into letting me cut up her old bike , wish I understood women...... am sure Koolcat will jump in and say men are not supposed to understand women !!!!!!haha
Happy New Year all
John

river
12-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the club, were men and we just think different than women. Can't live with out them and very confusing to live with them. I think it's by design to keep us confused and off guard Lmao

charlie_r
12-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Never! Try to understand a Woman!!! All it will do is give you a huge headache, and make her upset.

That being said, If we men actually listened to our women more, we'd get more things done with less frustration.

Oops! did I say that out loud?

river
12-28-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't know about you but it seems like they do most of the talking. Sometimes you just have to tune out. Lmao

Radical Brad
12-28-2012, 10:29 PM
When you are with the perfect partner, understanding is not required. We think so much alike that often words are redundant!
Perhaps your trike conundrum can be resolved by simply letting her take the pilot's seat half the time!

Brad

Ticktock
12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Could cause a few scratches around the bottom brackets! Or be the reason to invent a quick adjust bottom breacket.
Two trikes might be the easier way out, especially for when you need to go in different directions at the same time.
Steve G

socialtalker
12-29-2012, 12:28 PM
I dont understand whats confusing, she wants her own ride. most women would want their own trike rather than being a passenger, especially if they have to peddle anyway.

The Viking is procceding(was) until my girlfriend tried my trike and told me nice as looking at my rear was, she enjoyed the steering to much to be resigned to being stoker, so plan B is building a Streetfox for her as I have all the bits after I sweet talk her into letting me cut up her old bike , wish I understood women...... am sure Koolcat will jump in and say men are not supposed to understand women !!!!!!haha
Happy New Year all
John

darnthedog
12-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Actually I think I would tell her she is the pilot with the steering and watch her from behind myself. But that is a personal preference. Also I wanted to mention- Someone built a Viking then converted it to a Warrior for reasons of their own. Not sure but I believe he lost a partner to peddle with. Just some random thoughts.

KoolKat
12-29-2012, 09:54 PM
wish I understood women...... am sure Koolcat will jump in and say men are not supposed to understand women !!!!!!haha
Happy New Year all
John

Well, you men are from Mars! :p

sandman
12-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Well, you men are from Mars! :p

Mislaid my Venusian/English translator, sorry, but as you are multi lingual and it is said multi tasking as well and I am only tri lingual I shall stick to English :jester:
.Its my girlfriends birthday in 6 weeks and she was looking to buy a new Dutch style bike so her keeness to have her own trike pleased me,now I get brownie points for selecting the right gift with the Streetfox, I had planned to take her to Paris for the weekend, WRONG!!!!!!
as I am building it from parts I have,I can do both she says( she was joking).
serious question now, she wants to carry her small terrier on her trike, I think a superemarket type hand basket might do, anyone got better ideas or have done this themselves ?

John

The Cat
12-30-2012, 08:28 PM
sandman Greetings from Cheriton. What of getting a pet carrier for the terrier and fasten to Streetfox. Maybe pet carrier to be removable. Just a thought. Could use cushions to comfort the terrier. Look forward to pics. Ta Ta For Now.

With Regards
Thomas (The Cat)