PDA

View Full Version : I come from Belgium

papageno
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Helo

My name is RenÚ. I am 55 years old and I come from Belgium en i will make a trike, maybe some other bikes. I download 2 plans of this website en now i am busy to learn welding. Is there someone who can tell me how you can make a large steering (about 1 meter = 40 inch). Thanks a lot for help.
greats

trikedoc
03-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Helo

My name is RenÚ. I am 55 years old and I come from Belgium en i will make a trike, maybe some other bikes. I download 2 plans of this website en now i am busy to learn welding. Is there someone who can tell me how you can make a large steering (about 1 meter = 40 inch). Thanks a lot for help.
greats

Welcome rene, Your asking about making a large steering. Are you talking about handle bars with a span / width of 1 meter?

Al

papageno
03-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I have seen at the last news paper 5 march page 12 the white dual bike has a large steering I mean the metal tube outside is about 1 1/4" inside 1"? that make the connection with the fork to drive. It 's the whole construction outside and inside from the handle bars till the front wheel

KoolKat
03-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks RenÚ and welcome to the AZ family. :sunny:

trikedoc
03-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I have seen at the last news paper 5 march page 12 the white dual bike has a large steering I mean the metal tube outside is about 1 1/4" inside 1"? that make the connection with the fork to drive. It 's the whole construction outside and inside from the handle bars till the front wheel

Rene, Now I get it. I think you are on the right track. The builder spliced in a piece of tubing to extend the fork stem and the head tube.
A lot of Brad's designs call for shortening the fork stem and head tube
Al

SirJoey
03-07-2013, 07:32 PM
From the states, welcome to the Krew! :)

**** The Truth Is Out There! ****
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)

Ticktock
03-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Hi Rene (sorry, cannot place the accent on the e with a Chinese computer!)
Welcome from China.
I had to have a look at the bike you mentioned. Tikedoc is correct. The outside tube is an extension welded between the two steering head tubes. It is the same size or slightly larger than the two steering heads. The internal steerer tube is anothe extension, this time the same size , or slightly smaller, than the two steer tubes on the original bikes. It may be better to cut off the threaded part on the bottom tube, as this will be a bit stronger after welding. Provided the tubes are kept as straight as possible, and the correct lengths, you will have no problem(except learning to use a parachute)
Steve G,
Beijing

maddox
03-13-2013, 03:26 AM
Hi Papageno, Maddox here, also from Belgium.

My own Streetfox build has stranded ,bogged down in the swamp of life, but my pride and joy, the workshop of Chaos is getting more and more "lived in".

Hoi RenÚ, Mario uit Vilvoorde hier.
Als je bedoeld dat je een stuur van 1 meter breed wil, dan moet je al een trike bouwen, de Belgische wetgeving is daar nogal cru in. 2 wielen =75 cm breed. 3 of meer wielen, 1 meter.
Wat betreft het maken ervan, ik denk dat ik de nodige materialen en apparatuur ter beschikking heb. Weze welkom.

Hallo RenÚ, ma Franšais et terrible. Mais je comprende.