PDA

View Full Version : Build pics tips please :-)

DannyC
06-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I wanted to catalog the build through all of the stages and so I am taking pics as I assemble the required parts and get ready.
I saw the instructions to use a web-service to host pics away from the AZ site and servers but when I tried to use such a service it said my pics were too big!
The resolution on my Camera is pretty good 14Mega-pixels but why have crap pics when you can have good one's?

People's experiences, advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan.

MrIdaho
06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Go to infaview, free download then reduce the picture size with same resolution. I did this with a poster I just got back from the printer. Started w/ 90dpi, converted to 1200 dpi then increased the picture size to desired size. The picture started out at 1 x 2, ended up 3 x 4 excellent resolution.
I use Photobucket.com

darnthedog
06-26-2013, 02:27 PM
I've not had any size restriction that I am aware of using Picasaweb from Google. I just created a folder placed all my photos there with comment and then direct people to my signature. Have to have Gmail but that not an issue to join for free.

DannyC
06-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks Guys :-)

SirJoey
06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
I use Photobucket as well. I keep the same 72 dpi resolution, & drop the image
size down to about 7" tall, so it'll fit onscreen without scrolling up & down. :)

**** The Truth Is Out There! ****
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)