PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy-grin time.

DannyC
07-24-2013, 03:05 PM
My local freecycle group has an outfit that said "free faux leather - come & get as much as you want, just bring a stanley knife".

So I did. The faux-leather is attached to the headboards and foot-boards of beds.

I snagged a piece 30" x 72" in black with a couple of great double-stitched seams across the short dimension (will look really good on my seat).

I could not believe my eyes... the place was stacked to the ceiling with packages that are "returns" from the likes of Argos and other catalogue companies.

What they cannot salvage they just scrap.

There was a 4-burner steel barbecue and I said what is going to happen to that? Dunno they said, probably get scrapped as the chassis is bent.
The burners inside it alone are 15-20 to buy as replacement spares!!!!

I shall be returning :-)

They also have unlimited supplies of MDF in 6 foot by 4 foot sheets and I shall snag some for my seat-moulding jig I think.

I cannot believe the wastage that is going on......or my good luck! :-)
Dan.

dkerrivan
07-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Awesome find. :-)

darnthedog
07-24-2013, 09:31 PM
DannyC
I'd grab a few more of the faux-leathers as you never know how many projects your going to end up with or how many seats you'll want to recover. Nice find I'm a bit jealous as I never run into such great deals. Just hear of everyone else's luck.

graucho
07-25-2013, 09:03 AM
I could just see the projects/wheels spinning in your head when you laid your eyes upon those treasures.