PDA

View Full Version : Krylon's New Paint Nozzle...

SirJoey
07-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Has anyone else tried the Krylon paint with the new type spray nozzle? I have & it SUX! Their new gimmick is the fact that you can rotate the nozzle for horizontal or vertical coverage. Unfortunately, it's a fan-shaped spray pattern, which is fine if you're painting a large surface area, but extremely wasteful when painting small areas like bike frames, etc.

If you try painting in the "horizontal" position, you waste most of the paint, as it misses the frame. If you turn the nozzle 90 degrees for the "vertical" position, to avoid spraying the excess paint out into the air, it becomes too concentrated of a pattern, almost like trying to paint with a stream!

I normally use Krylon & Rustoleum both, depending on what color I need & what's available at the time, but it looks like it's gonna be Rustoleum all the way, from now on. This is unfortunate, cuz Rustoleum doesn't have the same color selections.

I hope Krylon gets the message & at least gives us the option of the old, trusted, cone-shaped spray pattern nozzles, but so far, it looks like they're simply being replaced by the new ones. Maybe that's the whole idea though, waste more to sell more... :mad:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

gbbwolf
07-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah I got the new tip when I just painted the wolf last week.
It took a while to get used to and it did waste more paint than I remember.
Took me 2 And a half cans to paint the wolf.

25 square feet of coverage MY rear end.

Nelson

TheKid
07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
25 sq ft of continuous surface, maybe. So the frames would have to be 5'x5'. Duplicolor has the same problem, but then again, their paint is designed for cars. I tend to agree that they came up with a way of getting people to use more paint by calling the new nozzle an improvement. An advertisement that says "We changed our nozzle to rip you off!" would tend to be counterproductive.

SirJoey
07-13-2008, 08:48 PM
...An advertisement that says "We changed our nozzle to rip you off!" would tend to be counterproductive.

LOL! Yes, but THAT would be REAL "truth in advertising"! :D

I'm gonna go to their website & respectfully state my case. If they get enough negative feedback, maybe they'll continue to produce the "standard" spray nozzle as well. In the meantime, Rustoleum will get even MORE of my hard-earned bux!

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif