PDA

View Full Version : New person from California, SFBA! South Bay, Sunyvale California

BigPaul
08-16-2013, 01:51 AM
Need to exercise, tired of the family, my co-workers and all my doctors telling me I am too big. (340lbs.) My cruiser weight is 270 and I won't get there without exercise. My commute is less than 15 miles round trip. So I want to build a beafed-up Loadrunner. Something with 21 speeds and electric assist (To shoot me through the intersection when the light changes green.) And the capacity to go Camp-Biking with the Woman. SHE needs exercise as well! If I have to, so does she. Going to come-up with two wheel drive in the back, I've hit ice and slipped a tire, it can be painful so I want better grip. I work on garbage trucks, something I've done for 25 years!) so I know how to weld, fabricate and gusset something so it will not break. And I know my way around a wiring mess. I'm going to do the LoadRunner MY way, I'll post a full 'build-blog' when I do. AND, I have a set of tiny air bags for adjustable suspension. I think I'll work those in as well!:rolleyes4: Yeah, I know, I'm a little nuts, but I like challenge too!

HHJJ
08-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Interesting...air bag suspension. Look forward to seeing that.
As you are already skilled up shouldn't take too long.
Have fun.

DannyC
08-16-2013, 07:57 AM
As an ex-resident of Sunnyvale myself I fully understand the desire for electric assist at the lights.
My Range Rover has air-bag self-levelling suspension, so putting this on a bike sounds like fun.
What will you use as an air-reservoir and compressor source?

Can't wait to see your resultant bike. Good Luck.

Dan.