Hey guy i saw your site. Awesome work! i am interested in building
KyotoCruiser to take to burning man with me. I have always wanted a solid
transportation there.
I am pretty average with building skills and have never welded before i am
pretty confidence i will make this happen. There is a bike kitchen co-op
situation here in bozeman montana from where i can probably get some cheap
parts,, my question is:

-Are there some parts that you would recommend me buying from you,, that
may be difficult to come across on my own.

Please let me know, otherwise i will just buy the plans and look for all the
parts here..

-Would it be realistic to build the bike if i use recicle use parts for
under US $ 600?

thank you so much

Pabz

Radical Brad
09-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Greets, and thanks for stopping by.

$600 could probably get you all new parts. I have never put more than $250 into any of the projects shown on this site, and I often use a mix of new and recycled parts.
The axle/freewheel adapters are easy enough to make if you have a buddy with a lathe, but we can supply those if you can't find a shop or don't want to wait more than a month.

The plans also include a drawing of the parts if you do want to make them or have them made.

Cheers,
Brad

MrIdaho
09-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Look at Bargain Basement bike parts (http://bbbp.net/)
Very good new prices but the shipping using Fedex is kinda high but the parts make up the difference.
I purchased for the Viking Tandem both crank sets w/ 3 chain rings,2- 48H and 2- 72H wheels, several front deraillers and rear deraillers,several 6x cog sets, bearings for headsets and crank sets. several brake and shifter controls all for under $100
another good place is Clark's CMD-11 Mechanical Disc Brake - Front or Rear, 160mm, Black (http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/clarks-cmd-11-mechanical-disc-brake-front-or-rear-160mm-black)
good luck on the build neighbor (I is here in Salmon, Idaho )

mariashawn
09-25-2013, 08:51 AM
I learned first hand about idler pulley diameter / amount of energy to turn / loss of power. I had a small diameter idler, switched to a 4" idler and pedaling got way easier. My current design I am looking at using large 36t sprockets off of mid drives or use a small sprocket say 14t. The more teeth the chain has under it then the amount of torque or loss of energy comparing both type of drive is less or more? I posted a layout of my design but since made slight changes eliminating one mid drive jack shaft.

mariashawn
09-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I like it very much thanks for sharing this information with us…. :taz:

pabz05
10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks for writing, i am in the process of building it. I have a question for anybody that has builded one before,, . I notice that it has two different transmission so the power would go to only one wheel.... how easy is to ride it with just one person? how well it rides if only one person is cycling? thanks a lot!!!!