PDA

View Full Version : Flux Core Wire Welding Tips

Tradetek
11-13-2013, 11:06 AM
So, one of the channels I subscribe to for welding info called "weldingtipandtricks" is a pro welder who owns his own welding/fab shop and posts a lot of instructional/tip videos on various processes.

I was going through a backlog of videos looking for something specific to TIG welding and stumbled across this video "115 volt Flux Core Welder Tips (http://youtu.be/KzSNpsLT40Q)" and after watching it thought that it might be useful for a member or two.

Hope it helps someone,

Bill

DannyC
11-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks Bill,
That was a very good video.

Regards,

Dan.

trikeman
11-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I liked his tip on putting the teflon tape on the threads, instead of using the nozzle. One of the things I hated about my wire feeders was the nozzle always blocked my view. Using the tape, instead of a big nozzle lets you see almost (but not quite) as good as using a nice thin stick welder rod. I have done the same thing smearing that jelly you buy to keep the weld spatter down.

TexasTuff
11-13-2013, 02:20 PM
How much wire outside the nozzle do you try to maintain? It's also nice to know that the shield is not needed.

trikeman
11-13-2013, 02:22 PM
How much wire outside the nozzle do you try to maintain? It's also nice to know that the shield is not needed.

Before I got rid of my wire feeders, I always tried to use between 1/4" to 1/2" leaning more to the larger length without a nozzle.