PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Syracuse Utah! Building a Spirit SWB

billkaroly
03-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I just ordered the Spirit Short Wheelbase PDF and plan to build one. Right now I am scratching my head and looking for donor bikes. I am also trying to figure out what size front wheel to use. 26 for the rear and 24 for the front? The PDF file has a ton of information and sadly seems to be missing some as well.

Have also been thinking about buying a welding set up but maybe instead I'll look for someone who does work on the side to weld it for me. I am probably going to build two. One for the misses and myself.

hiyawathen
03-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Page 4 has rear size and page 51 has the front (if they haven't changed the pdf much...been a while since I purchased my plans)....welcome to the fun and don't forget to post pictures, the az forum loves pictures!!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

darnthedog
03-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the fun. A good suggestion is to read through the plans at least twice before building or buying anything. The second read will be for making a list of parts. Have fun. And I agree photos of the progress are the best part and it helps us help you when you have a question.