PDA

View Full Version : The advantages of being over 60 or heading towards 70

Twinkle
05-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Hi Folks
I was feeling grotty and still getting over the worst of this flu bug and generally feeling sorry for myself until a mate sent me this ...

Perks of being over 60 and heading towards 70!

01. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

02..In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.

03. No one expects you to run--anywhere.

04.People call at 9 pm (or even at 9 am)and ask, “did I wake you?"

05. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

06.There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

07. Things you buy now won't wear out.

08.You can eat supper at 4:30 pm.

09. You can live without sex but not your glasses.

10.You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

12.You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

13. You sing along with elevator music.

14. Your eyes won't get much worse.

Now I feel worse

have a good weekend

regards emma

Tradetek
05-09-2014, 03:36 PM
[/COLOR]07. Things you buy now won't wear out.

This one made me chuckle the most :cheesy:

Hope you feel well enough to enjoy your weekend,

Bill

TexasTuff
05-10-2014, 10:18 AM
At 70, I find decisions get more difficult. I recently needed a new battery for my pickup. Should I buy a battery with a 3 year or 5 year guarantee? Who knows.
I have a defibrillator implant. I have the device checked every 3 months. Yesterday the technician told me I have 7 years left on the battery in the defibrillator. I think they have a 2 year grace period built into that so it's really good for 9 years. That's great if you live that long but they don't give a refund on the balance if you don't. I asked.
I recently had hail damage from a storm. I think replacement with 20 year guarantee shingles should be sufficient, don't you? 50 year shingles seems such an overkill.
People in their 50's call me "Sir".

Emma, I agree with all the list except number 14.

I'm not trying to get all mushy but some of us might relate to this Bobby Bare song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HmBDJBY5Rg

Twinkle
05-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I remembered back to this spoof reputed to have been sung by Julie Andrews on the song she sang in Mary Poppins favorite things with the modified lyrics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVtp_alkN2E I am wondering how long of this retirement lark we will get , problem is getting all we want to do, done , in a time frame that we might not have to do it in .. regards emma

DannyC
05-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I worked out that at the current rate of pay of the UK national pension in order to receive back from the government what I paid them in direct taxation just in the past 10 years of my working life alone I will need to live to be at least 125.
After that time, I can then work towards getting back the value of my contributions for the other 32 years of working and paying taxes.

Challenge accepted! :-)