PDA

View Full Version : hello from the netherlands

jepie
06-20-2014, 08:02 AM
hey everyone,

i'm planning on building a warrior trike, and maybe a marauder bike, and after that maybe more who knows?

greets,
jesper

go1000go
06-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Hi and welcome,

You are soooooo lucky being in the Netherlands that you have access to dedicated cycle paths, I would assume you could build all or any of the bikes and still have little cares to cars etc.

Once again a warm welcome

dmac257
06-20-2014, 12:01 PM
welcome jepie,

Get a 6 pack of plans. Pick the 6 that you would get the most benefit from or most like what you want to ride. I grabbed 2 tadpole, 3 delta, and the streetfighter quad. My first build is almost ready for rolling test and I am already making notes for modification to 3 different plans to make my own version of the quad.

Good luck,
dmac257

jepie
06-20-2014, 01:45 PM
yeah i bought the 6 pack of plans i have the warrior, streetfox, streetfighter, marauder, delta wolf and aurora.
so 2 delta trikes 1 quad 1 lwb lowracer recumbent and 2 tadpole's.
and yes i have allmost no worries of cars only for a 6-7 km dike where the cars drive to damn hard but thats avoidable i hope.

greets,
jesper

graucho
06-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Hello welcome to the group jepie. Wishing I lived in the netherlands. The way it looks watching online videos you must have a lot of people to go riding with. Here in the states people are to addicted to big vehicles. Also the USA is "BIG" and spread out, it would take days to get anywhere.

jepie
06-21-2014, 06:20 AM
yes we live close together here in holland, but that brings 1 disadvantage as well we don't have very nice nature over here.
but on the other hand we have designated bicycle paths.greets,
jesper

swizz69
06-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi Jepie,

Welcome!

I own an almost Omafeits - a Gazelle Primeur - and wish I had the wonderful infrastructure you have over there to ride it on :)

Look forward to following your builds.

Ian...

ronald242
08-06-2014, 09:25 AM
hello Jesper
already started to build your project ? Ben ja al aan jouw project begonnen?
where are you situated? waar woon je in Nederland?
maybe we can hook up and learn from eachother ? Wellicht kunnen we samen werken aan ons beider project ?

greetings from Ronald, Breda

HHJJ
08-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Oh great! We can learn Dutch now!
Welcome to all the folk from the Netherlands.
Welkom bij alle folk uit Nederland.
(Well that's what google translate made of it)

flat
08-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Hi Jesper. You chose almost the same plans I did, and selected the Warrior for a first build. Fuuunnnn!!!

I've only seen documentaries on the Netherlands, but never have been anywhere in Europe. It would be a very fun place to vacation. While some states have few pedestrian and biking trails, Indiana has an abundance. The nearest one to my house is Columbus People Trails. I plan on riding my Warrior there, as soon as I get it built. :taz: Here's a link with a few photos of the area.
http://www.columbus.in.us/static/index.cfm?contentID=638

...but, I'd love to ride in the Netherlands.

HHJJ
08-06-2014, 02:49 PM
That looks lovely. How long is it?

darnthedog
08-06-2014, 02:54 PM
hello Jesper
already started to build your project ? Ben ja al aan jouw project begonnen?
where are you situated? waar woon je in Nederland?
maybe we can hook up and learn from eachother ? Wellicht kunnen we samen werken aan ons beider project ?

greetings from Ronald, Breda

Welcome to the Group Ronald
As you may have noticed the whole world will come by and say hi. So do you have any ideas of what you care to make?
Hope you have lots of fun with what ever you decide to make.

stormbird
08-06-2014, 03:08 PM
yes we live close together here in holland, but that brings 1 disadvantage as well we don't have very nice nature over here.
but on the other hand we have designated bicycle paths.greets,
jesper

Well having spent 2 weeks cycle camping in Holland I have to disagree , I found the waterways/canals to be fine scenery and a great backdrop to some lovely places.

The bridges and ferries added interest to the journeys , and camping by the Waal outside Nijmegen was great.

flat
08-06-2014, 08:58 PM
That looks lovely. How long is it?
From the site;
"Anything people powered is welcome on the more than 19 miles of paved trails, and the route in and around town and into the countryside is a pleasant way to enjoy the outdoors. The paths run very close to three rivers, two creeks, plenty of green space and productive farmland. Great for leisurely exercise with a distraction or two."
I used to live a football field (NFL :jester:) or two away.

jepie
09-04-2014, 12:54 PM
i'm very sorry for not being on here at all the last few weeks.
í was thinking and thinking again if i would build one because of how much time and money i have.
finally i bought a zephyr lowracer instead of building a bike or trike.
if i'm stil into the recumbent scene in a year or so maybe ill build a bike or a trike but for now only mods and accessories for my bike.

thanks to all of you who replied to this thread and as i found out on my bike last weekend our nature is nicer than i thought it was. but still i would like to go on a vacation to or through denmark just because i love the country.

greets,
jesper

darnthedog
09-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Well Jesper
Please do not be a stranger- That is a nice looking bike. And I can see the appeal of it over building.
If you follow along there is planning in the works for a Midland camping trip next summer. Maybe you could join the group and have a nice ride in the UK. I'm working to join the group from the USA so unless your time is restricted feel free to follow along the journey and please feel free to share you traveling photos with us as we love the stories. Or at least I do.