PDA

View Full Version : Still here....honest!

DannyC
08-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Rumours of my death have been much exaggerated.

I have been absent while I have turned my attention to the much awaited Elite Dangerous game ( http://www.elitedangerous.com/)

I am forced to confess that it is the most stunning rendition of this genre. Fully supporting Oculus Rift it is mind-blowingly good.

However, I have amassed 1Million in 'in-game' credits and have the ship everyone wants (Cobra Mk3) Fully kitted-out (of course) and this has taken about 25 hours of game=play.

For a refreshing change I went out for a ride today and encountered a (less than lovely) lady in a Chrysler Voyager who believes that although the cars are parked on her side of the road it is OK to keep coming through on my side of the road.

There was an impasse and a few angry looks were exchanged, but she eventually backed her car up to allow me to pass.
She wasn't happy and clearly felt that I should have left the roadway and ridden on the sidewalk(pavement in the UK).

Some "gentle admonitions" were exchanged in both directions and we proceeded in our different directions.

I really need to get the new trike sorted, this one is a pain to start/stop in a hurry.

Back soon, much love to all, enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours.

Twinkle
08-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Silly computer games are for the winter Danny, now you have become king of the keyboard its time to finish the outstanding projects before the fall .

regards Emma

DannyC
08-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Silly? Silly says you?

I will have you know it is the most eagerly awaited game of the decade (or longer) and has a huge following worldwide. :-)

But I do accept that it will be more "useful" on those cold winter evenings when the brass-monkeys are wandering around looking for a welder to re-attach their "bits".

So, I will be attending to my bike builds in daytimes and playing only at night. If only I had some 48-spoke 20mm hubs, I did place an order (over a bottle of Salmiaki) but the vendor is about to go off on a well-deserved holiday I believe ;-)

See y'all soon.

HHJJ
08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
What's wrong with spider solitaire?

Twinkle
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi Danny
The 4 ducks are still awaiting an internet connection in the Marina , which is due after the Dutch trip , hopefully everything will settle down by then, AFAIK the hubs are awaiting some final machining before anodizing . My pair are destine for the tandem trike but that is a 2015 project now. I will ask after the weekend.

regards Emma