PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Spokane WA

aphix
08-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi all. Been poking about on the forums for a bit. Haven't picked up any plans as currently don't have tools or work space, so don't have plans to build anything, but haven't fun reading about everyone's projects.

Just got back into cycling last few months. Got a Nuevation FCX 100 which so far has been a blast to ride and I'm still performing fine adjustments to get it comfortable. Although I got a good deal on it I'm told I should have gotten a larger frame but so far I'm content have 300+ miles on it.

Building is also something I've gotten back into, making furniture hacking old furniture. Haven't welded in ten + years but I don't think he'd be hard to get back into so looking for some place I could set up shop. Not interested in running a welder or grinder on my back patio thanks to neighbors.

I actually own the Atomic Zombie Bike Building book. Very enjoyable read.

Currently am interested in a recumbent bike or trike I don't know. There is a shop that specializes in selling recumbents but it's a bit out of the way, and by appointment only, for just some test drives.

Anyways, sure it's a bit too long but figure I'd provide relevant introduction.

MrIdaho
08-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the zombi mix.
I myself reside at present in Salmon, Idaho BUT come August 26th I am coming your way through Spokane Wa. on way to Ryderwood Wa. Wish I could spend some time shooting the bull but just spending the night in Spokane and gone at daybreak. Can't be burning daylight.
If your close to the Howard Johnson then maybe dinner?? to shoot that bull. Will have my recumbent s loaded up as well.

Locutus
08-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.
If you're interested in a trike but don't have the build space, my electric-assist Street Fox is still for sale. Needs some repair though: one of the two battery packs had a meltdown. It also has a Coroplast velo shell. PM me if you're interested. I'm in Kirkland so it would be a bit of a drive.

MrIdaho
08-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Kirkland is a 2 hour drive from Ryderwood.
I might have to look you up after I get settled in.

aphix
08-08-2014, 11:06 PM
In regards to purchasing I've actually been looking about. But the girlfriend is already asking why I'm looking at buying a new bike when I just got one.

I'm interested in building at some point. Know a few people with shops so may have to borrow some space. Even something as simple as a "koolkat" from AZ book would be interesting to start. Also somewhat interested in rear turn trike ala sidewinder I think it is. As I like a tadepole but steering is intimidating.

Locutus
08-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I like a tadepole but steering is intimidating.

I modified my Street Fox with under seat steering similar to the warrior trike, not the tiller steering as in the street fox plans. Very ergonomic and comfortable hand position.

aphix
07-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Decided to post some stuff here and revive my introduction thread, as I forgot about the site here. Went through a job change. Winter cut out my cycling which I'm trying to work back into but the new job gives me a lot of free time both while at work and only having a few shifts a week.

Having troubles with image links, guessing they don't like imgur. Here is my current bike, same one as listed above. http://imgur.com/8ssIOeF
Have put quite a few more miles on it. Though I've stopped keeping track of my short rides so i don't really have an accurate account anymore. After the winter storage, despite it sitting in my dining room the shifting is sloppy and jerky again. It'd be nice to figure out whats wrong and if I could fix it myself, but don't have any bike mechanic friends locally, and although the bike shop I've gone to have been just fine, I always hate paying for something I don't have to.

I'm currently attempting to put together a plan for a bike. Though I'm currently far from building. Started a thread here. http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/9686-Aphix-s-Sociable-Quad-Build

darnthedog
07-15-2015, 09:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8ssIOeF.jpg

Just testing Imgur image posting ability.

Works fine for me. As you can see. Just need to get the image by itself and copy and paste the URL in the "inset image" icon along the to. Did not see a way to post image link like Postimage.org.
But I did try looking at the "Get embed codes" options.

But posting a link also works.

aphix
07-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Ahh. good point. I most likely was just using the website link instead of the direct link for the image. Good thinking.