PDA

View Full Version : It has been a while.....

DannyC
09-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Hi folks,

Unlike Emma (who never seems to stop doing great things in the realm of bike-building) I have hit a bit of a "wall".

For the past day or two I have been trying to resolve some Central-Heating issues for my disabled Brother-in-Law (plumbing and Radiator replacement etc. etc.) as a distraction.

I do want to get back into the bike-building but I need to resolve the Expensive SA XL-SD hub choice Vs. a more traditional disc hub option first.

Paralysis through analysis springs to mind. I think I am guilt-tripping myself over the cost of the SA hub option, whereas in fact I deserve to have whatever I want.

I shall return....soon....honest. :)

Neil B
09-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi Danny
I'm in a similar conundrum with getting a CS-RK3 http://www.sturmey-archer.com/products/hubs/cid/8/id/59.html coupling it with a 9 spd cassette and 3 up front giving 81 gears :eek:. I wonder if I could get it delivered to work, to avoid the inquisition:innocent:
Go on you know you want to. Can't take it with you.

Neil

Twinkle
09-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi folks,

Unlike Emma (who never seems to stop doing great things in the realm of bike-building) I have hit a bit of a "wall".

I do want to get back into the bike-building but I need to resolve the Expensive SA XL-SD hub choice Vs. a more traditional disc hub option first.

in fact I deserve to have whatever I want. :)

BUY IT and build it ,:taz:

The forum has gone tooooo quiet without you

as no one is going on this trike meet tomorrow ..

Ken and I are going it alone with both of the 20/20 e-trikes

as for Neil, pink jaguars :jester: next thing will be a pink trike

I am waiting on bits for the other project - :confused:..:rolleyes4:..:sleep1:

the 20 mph electric folding shopper with 5/6 speed derailleur :)

You will have to wait a few weeks for that and the transportable :(

regards emma

Neil B
09-18-2014, 02:57 PM
as for Neil, pink jaguars :jester: next thing will be a pink trike
regards emma

Not while there is breath left in my body :)

DannyC
09-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Hi both, thanks for the encouragement.

Neil,

I have the rim-brake RF3 and it is a really nicely made unit.

Emma, I need to chat to John because I would not want to miss out on a "special" hub opportunity when he has been so kind to me.

I will call him tomorrow I think.

FrankCrank
09-18-2014, 08:09 PM
....yeah, plans can sometimes get derailed all too easily - life just gets in the way :) .

MK2 trike been finished for a while now, but only had a couple of test rides - no time to do an important tweak to make it proper road worthy. Off to UK on Sunday for a month - will have to wait till I get back.

Will be bringing back a few parts for my next build, which will be either a cruiser style bike, or a LWB bent. Want to do both, but can't decide which one to do first.

As for SA hubs - if you can find a way to get them from US (somebody bring them over) you'll most likely get them for half what you pay in UK. I have two SA 3-speed hubs from there, come complete as a kit, and real bargain prices I think.

Looking forward to some more of your builds soon.....:punk: