PDA

View Full Version : bike hacker here...

GuitarlCarl
09-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Hello, new guy here. Looking to expand my skills, which are limited. I do build Ratrod style bikes and hang out on another forum... I do want to build a recumbent, maybe a tadpole style, we'll see. Looks like fun, I've yet to ride one...

Carl. :alien:

charlie_r
09-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Welcome to AZ!

If you are looking for speed in a tadpole, the Warrior is a good choice.

Just for fun, the Street Fighter Quad is a great one. There are a few here that have added a rudimentary suspension to the front that seem to work well.

Radical Brad
09-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Greets dude!

Brad

Ticktock
09-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi from China!
You are in the right place !
Best advice I can give you is tom take the plunge and buy a sixpack of Brads plans. I don't expect you to build six bikes (yet), but the plans have a never ending supply of information that seem to answer most problems. Just pick a couple you might build, a couple that blok interesting, and two totally different. Then read them all twice.
By that time you will have a fair idea what it its all about, what you really want, and , even better, a good idea on how to do it.
You do not have to stick to any on plan--they are only a guide. You can mix and match, alter, and redesign to your hearts content. In the end you get your bike/trike/ quad.
And there is only one like it in the world!
Any questions will almost certainly get answered here. Only set rule is to share pics of what you do.
Have fun,'
Steve G,
Beijing

Twinkle
09-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Hi Carl

Greetings from the UK ,

Tadpoles are fun to ride and once you have the recumbent grin removed from your face you will look normal again .
This affliction happens soon after you ride a "bent " and realize what you have been missing .

Good place to start is the street fox as it lends itself to modification , include the warrior in the 6 pack then you have the means to upgrade the Fox to under seat steering and disc brakes which make the fox a desirable ride .

regards emma