PDA

View Full Version : Motor Question

rwb921
07-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I have a Fasco Industries Inc. 115 Volt 3 amp motor I got out of an old centrifuge. It is rated at 3175/2350 rpm. I did the math and It looks like im getting just under 1 HP from this guy. Is this too little? It AC so I'm looking at a converter, I think...I'm new to all this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AtomicZombie
07-25-2008, 11:15 AM
When it comes to electic vehicles, don't bother trying to use any AC motor unless you have a massive vehicle to work on or a huge budget.

Even if you did have the space for 12 batteries, a huge inverter, a very expensive AC speed controller, and the AC motor, you still have to deal with massive losses through the system.

Keep your electrical system to DC and under 36 volts unless you have an unlimited budget.

Brad

rwb921
07-25-2008, 02:58 PM
When it comes to electic vehicles, don't bother trying to use any AC motor unless you have a massive vehicle to work on or a huge budget.

Even if you did have the space for 12 batteries, a huge inverter, a very expensive AC speed controller, and the AC motor, you still have to deal with massive losses through the system.

Keep your electrical system to DC and under 36 volts unless you have an unlimited budget.

Brad

Thanks, will do.