PDA

View Full Version : New member in Kern County California

bentbldr
12-29-2014, 03:55 AM
Hi all. I done some building and researched more on bike building. Looking forward to getting my first Az bike started.

I am having trouble downloading my first plan set. I will start putting materials list together as soon as i get the plans.

darnthedog
12-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the fun. Best suggestion on following the plans. Read through them once without stopping to build. Then read through them a second time taking notes of materials needed. Then read through them a 3rd timer as your building your projects. It is amazing how much you can miss on the first read. And the second really helps. They are not that big a read but fairly detailed in how to measure for your size and what extra you'll want to ensure proper sizing.
I hope you took advantage of the 6 pack of plans. These bikes are like potato chips you'll never build just one. Plus there are many combos of bikes and trike. And a few free formed idea floating around. The six pack gives you options. For example a Warrior and Streetfox combined. Warrior is sporty with hard tail, under seat steering, disc brakes, complex cross boom. Where as Streetfox has direct steer, rim brakes, simple Cross boom and suspension. So you take bits from one and add them to the other to get a cross bred hybrid. Emma aka Twinkle has done a few. She loves the under seat steering and the disc brakes. But that is only one example of the hybrids.

So have fun and please share photos of your build and not just the completed bike. Photos are worth a million words and if you have questions they can be answered by many here. Have fun.

Twinkle
12-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Hi all. I done some building and researched more on bike building. Looking forward to getting my first Az bike started.

Hi and welcome to the fun from the UK ... we do love photos

regards emma