DIY Bike and Trike Plans

All Blog Entries

1. Project 1 : Fox Seat

Hi Folks,

I have been doing a bit more work on the seat.

I decided to keep the chipboard seat I had made as a test. I know the plans call for plywood and I suspect that I could save a few ounces if I used that. But I figure the extra weight will just get me fitter, quicker . I may change the main seat body for ply at a later date.

Cut out the two halves.

Tags: seat, street fox Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Project 1 : Fox Cable Guides

Hi Folks,

I have been doing a few of the smaller jobs on my build. In this case cable stops.

So I cut off some cable stops and guides from my donor bikes and started to work out how I am going to cable stop for the front derailleur.

Offered up, and testing a few different positions.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Comfybikes by Comfybob

4. Project 1 : First Fox Test Flight

Hi Folks,

Well I assembled my Foxy enough to allow its first test flight.

I have to say, having never ridden one of these before, so I did not know exactly what to expect. Wow ! This is so much fun.

Up until now I have been an off road mountain biker, ever seeking that rush of downhill forest trails. Living in the flatlands of East Anglia, UK. These are few and far between. Now I can get the same rush from country roads on my home built Foxy.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Project 1 : Fox Chain and Chain Management

Hi Folks,

Fitting the chain and chain management is the next stage, so I have been reading the AZ forums, looking at other’s photographs; even posted some comments and received excellent feedback from the AZ community (thanks all).

I have decided to go with the two idler (pulley wheel) approach. One will be mounted just behind the cross boom, with the other mounted behind the seat.

I mocked
    Categories
    Uncategorized