DIY Bike and Trike Plans

All Blog Entries

1. Project 1 : Fox Steering - The hard bit ! - Part 1

Hi Folks,

Well I have been moving on …. but slowly. This is by far the hardest part so far to get right. The King Pin steering angles and mounting.

I read some post in other forums and got some direction and good advice from other members (Thanks Emma). Then spent some time on the PC to try to come up with a plan.

To get an angles correct when looking down the trike frame ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Warrior derailleur

I am near completion of my Warrior. There seems to be no mention of the rear derailleur bracket in the directions. The photos indicate such a bracket. Can anyone help me?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Project 1 : Fox Seat Post

Hi Folks,

Next up the Seat Post.

Cut to size and preparing the End Cap.

Am happy with this. Cleaned up, flush down to the seat post tube as this is not under load

Just testing the possible positions, allowing for the shock to compress and ...
    Tags: street fox Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Project 1 : Fox Main Frame Linkage

Hello Folks,

So I am now attempting the Main Frame Linkage for the Street Fox. The bit that links to the rear triangle.

I have my stripped and cleaned link tube from the donor bike.

I setup the pillar drill with a hole saw and spent ages cutting through the main frame tube to form the fish mouth. Basically I cut almost ...
    Tags: street fox Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fishing gear & Mics. Trailer

Hello All, Been quite awhile since I've had the chance to post any new items. Been a busy summer with all the rain and decent weather from the garden to mowing grass, and found some new fishing spots to try . Any how, decided to make a trailer to haul
    my fishing rods & tackle & of course 2 coolers. Trailer box is of white cedar, glued & pocket hole screwed together. 4 pillow block
    bearings, 2-20'' wheels/ 24 spokes. The 24 spoke wheels were quite a challenge, first time ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized